Battlefield1 companion app - play time not being recorded

by NoelJG92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield1 companion app - play time not being recorded

★★ Novice
Hi all!

I wanted to throw a question out to the community to see if anyone has had a similar issue with the battlefield 1 companion app (for context: I mean the iPhone/Android app that can show K/D ratio, kills per weapon, medal accomplishments etc).

I got to around 245h of playtime logged but it seems that my gameplay in the past few months is not being tracked. I noticed specifically it’s stopped since I’ve begun to play the DLC content far more than the base game.

What I wanted to ask is if:
Angel has anyone else come across this problem?
(b) should DLC playtime be counted against the play hours (e.g in the name of the Tsar and turning tides as played a lot since their launch)
(C)any ways for this bug to be looked at if it is in fact a bug?

Thanks everyone ahead of time for the help!
Noel
Message 1 of 6 (848 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield1 companion app - play time not being recorded

★★★ Expert

Although I did not find any reference to it in the April update notes, it seems the play time has been corrected with the latest update. My time on the official Companion App now matches that of the unofficial battlefieldtracker.

I noticed because I saw my SPM had dropped by more than 100 points on the companion. This is now also aligned again between the 2 sites.

It took a while but finally the issue is solved.

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find someone's post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (775 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

@NoelJG92 First question that comes to my mind; do you own a premium pass? Or have you been playing DLC via the premium trials?

In that case the explanation could be that your play time on the DLC is not counted like the other stats such as XP and kills and deaths are also not counted for players who don’t own premium but play on DLC via premium friends and/or premium trials.

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

Message 2 of 6 (842 Views)

★★ Novice
@RanzigeRidder2: first off thanks for jumping in! Apologies I should have added that details in my initial comment. Confirming that I am a premium pass user and have had it since almost the very beginning (before the French DLC) was launched. Thus with regards to the above, I thought all my stats would continue to accumulate across base game content or some of the DLC maps/modes?
Message 3 of 6 (831 Views)

★★★ Expert

@NoelJG92 That's strange indeed. Yes your stats should accumulate across both base game and DLC.

So I looked into my stats as well, and noticed there's a discrepancy between the time played reported on the official companion app (both phone and web app)  and the time played on unofficial stat tracking site battlefieldtracker.com

According to the first I have played 468 hours, but according to the tracker it is 482 hours and 6 minutes.

And as a result of this the SPM between the 2 sources also does not match, an issue which was discussed previously in this thread

Difficult to say which one is correct, although in this case I tend to trust the unofficial site (should be the other way around). Reasons to have more faith in the unofficial stat tracker are that I cannot imagine that they would make up a 14 hours discrepancy without having source information. And 2nd reason is the companion app has proven to be mising other data, I filed This bug report on missing melee weapons in my weapon stats. Also in this case the missing info on the official companion app is visible on the battlefieldtracker.

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

Message 4 of 6 (808 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hello.
My app stop recording time on 703h and longest head shot . this happend when I add new acount to my ps4 . I need help !!!!!
Message 5 of 6 (753 Views)

★★★ Expert

Although I did not find any reference to it in the April update notes, it seems the play time has been corrected with the latest update. My time on the official Companion App now matches that of the unofficial battlefieldtracker.

I noticed because I saw my SPM had dropped by more than 100 points on the companion. This is now also aligned again between the 2 sites.

It took a while but finally the issue is solved.

▪Did you find someone's post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

Message 6 of 6 (776 Views)