Re: Battlefield V Tips, Part I: Strategy

by paysen55

Original Post

EA DICE Team

+ If you are bleeding out, start looking around you if you can see a medic. 

Keep in mind if the medic don't come to help you could be that player is looking for the enemy that shoot you, is in active combat. 

/Atic

Message 11 of 71 (5,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Atic I've modified your text tip a bit but the core principle is the same. Added it above. Standard smile

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 12 of 71 (5,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi, thanks for these very helpful tips for beginners like me Standard smile

ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro

Message 13 of 71 (5,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

+ When your team loses a sector, always retreat. In game modes like Grand Operations where Defenders must retreat after losing a sector, there is no reason not to retreat. During the retreat phase, 1) you cannot dwindle the enemy ticket count, 2) the enemy sees all Defenders within the sector, 3) there's a countdown timer after which point you will automatically perish, and last but definitely not least, 4) the enemy receives a few additional reinforcements for every retreater who dies in the previous sector. Sometimes it may be difficult to retreat, especially when you're out in the open - this is when I like to pop smoke and make my run out.

I don't work for EA.

Message 14 of 71 (5,104 Views)

Hero (Retired)

+ Near the end of close matches, throw incendiary grenades on downed enemies

Okay, this is a slightly unusual and niche one that requires a bit of explanation. In almost all of modes, one way to take a ticket away from the enemy team is killing someone (Domination is one exception I can think of). Here is the key fact that comes with it:

• Team loses the ticket not when the player is downed, but when he can't be revived anymore.

Main causes of becoming unrevivable are: bleeding out, burning out, dying while in water, dying out of bounds and dying while inside the vehicle.

Bleeding out takes a fair bit of time, especially if downed player slows the bleedout down. When the result of the game depends on a couple of tickets, that might be the difference between win and loss. Here's where incendiary grenades come in play - timer for burning out is significantly shorter, and even if downed player slows the timer down, he still will burn to death within 4-5 seconds. On top of that, if medic tries to stick a revive despite fire, he's almost guaranteed to burn to death before he picks the enemy up (especially important if downed player is next to bigger pack of your enemies). Congratulations, you just guaranteed that enemy team will not recover that ticket... and that they will lose it faster. And those few seconds really matter in matches that go down to the wire.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 15 of 71 (5,087 Views)

Champion

+ Before you advance to the next sector, push up as far ahead as possible - When you're playing in modes such as Breakthrough, Frontlines, Rush, etc., during the interim before you advance to the next sector, you want to push up ahead of time. This'll reduce the time the enemy team has to prepare defenses and settle in. Do not wait until the timer goes to zero to start pushing out of the previously capped sector. Rather, inch up to the boundary of the next sector. The important point to keep in mind is to not overextend if the cap hasn't been made yet. For instance, on Frontlines, I often see players who are already 1-2 sectors ahead before their team has even capped the objective. If half your team is ahead before capping, then those left to cap will be overrun. 

I don't work for EA.

Message 16 of 71 (4,914 Views)

[ Edited ]

Take full advantage of retreat and OoB timers as an attacker as well. Defenders have 1 minute to retreat so at 51 seconds start running into no man's land - the next sector advance should open up just before death, allowing you a huge head start to arm an objective or clear out unsuspecting defenders.

I've managed to arm a side objective and hold my own until a huge rush of friendlies reach and swarm an area.

Also, if you are bleeding out make sure to keep tapping the call out button, even after death -- until this gets fixed you can potentially earn an extra few seconds of downed state for teammates to save you.

A huge tip for pilots -- Learn to land your plane!

If you just can't seem to shake someone off your six, try landing your plane; I have a near flawless record of getting the enemy to crash since it can be quite difficult to land, shoot, fly, and aim all at once. It's not a guaranteed way to avoid death and should only be used as a last ditch effort, but you won't look like a little punk who just crashes to avoid them getting credit.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 17 of 71 (4,907 Views)

Champion

+ Air traffic control - If I'm on the ground, I often hop on the anti-air (AA) and I coordinate with pilots and tell them to lure enemy planes over my AA at X objective. Conversely, if I'm piloting a plane, I like to ask others to get on the AA (which is easier said than done...). This frees up your bombers from evading enemy fighters, so that they can engage ground troops, which in turn helps our foot soldiers cap objectives. So keep your pilots in mind and get on the AA!

I don't work for EA.

Message 18 of 71 (4,812 Views)

Re: Battlefield V Tips - Strategy

★★★★★ Newbie

Agree

Message 19 of 71 (4,670 Views)

Re: Battlefield V Tips - Strategy

Champion

I updated how the reinforcement ticket count works. The "Cost of Admission" style of ticket reduction is the exception, not the rule. Most game modes have it as a ticket loss upon permanent death, so strategize accordingly.

+ Reinforcement Count - As a rule, your reinforcement (ticket) count decreases upon permanent death when you're no longer able to be revived. This is the case for mode game modes with the exception of some modes such as Squad Conquest, in which you lose tickets upon spawning in (what I call a "Cost of Admission"). That means that if you were to play Squad Conquest and you have only 1 ticket left, then no one on your team should spawn in, especially if the game is neck and neck. Since you can't control what your teammates do, you'll have to communicate this to everyone. No matter how the ticket system works, you should do your best to wait for revives. I'll update the list of game mode exceptions, or what game modes have deaths count as a Cost of Admission, when I notice them.

I don't work for EA.

Message 20 of 71 (4,359 Views)