Battlefield V Letter to the Community - New “Core” Playlists Coming

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Battlefield V Letter to the Community - New “Core” Playlists Coming

EA DICE Team

Hi Battlefield Community,

On behalf of the Battlefield team, I’d like to apologize for the silence over the past couple of days on the TTK topic. We’ve seen it’s been a big talking point and causing a divide in the community, which was never our intention. We have been listening closely to what you’ve all been saying.

Changes to the game carrying this kind of weight needs clearer, earlier communication before getting rolled out. We will improve how we roll out updates in the future and respond more quickly when you have questions or concerns.

So, why change TTK now? The intent came from us observing that new players are having a very hard time with the game compared to our core players, and we wanted to see if we could improve this over the holidays so more players can have a great time.

As many of our veteran players know, Battlefield games constantly evolve and change over time in our collaboration with the community. Battlefield V is no exception. We heard your feedback that many of you prefer the old TTK values, with one playlist featuring only Conquest using the “Core” settings clearly not being enough. To fix that, we will be adding a “Core” version of all playlists in the game next week, giving you a clearer choice between new and old settings. We’ll update you early next week on when the new playlist will be added.

We want to hear from you about the changes we’re making. We’d also like to thank all of you for the constructive discussions and feedback we’re seeing.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (491 Views)

Re: Battlefield V Letter to the Community - New “Core” Playlists Coming

Both TTK versions in all modes is a good first step and acts as more of a bandage than a band-aid to temporarily stop the bleeding the TTD issue has caused.

With the recent dedicated netcode servers just yesterday on the Arras map, I'm confident we can all get what we want in the near future. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 7 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

And what about the server browser. The core players, usually more experienced and coming from previous battlefield, we NEVER use the "quick play" buttons, we go to the server browser and look for an already filled match on the mode we like to play. Are we going to see Core servers in the browser? and as many as new ttk servers? In all regions? I don't want to play a mode I don't want or with high ping just because you want to sell more to newbies on the holidays.

Message 3 of 7 (466 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Not trying to be rude, but you keep saying you're listening to your community, but you also change EXACTLY what has basically been the only thing people has been saying is PERFECT right now...

It was even said in the explanation for the TTK update, that you know a big part of the community loves how the TTK has been feeling.

Why not fix the TTD instead?
And you talk about longer TTK being better for newcomers and similar players... but is it really?
Longer TTK gives longer time for a skilled player to find and kill the lower skilled player who got the jump on him. Which will also result in a worse Kill/Death ratio... even for people who know they're supposed to play the objective, horrible Kill/Death ratio can feel SUPER demoralizing.

I honestly don't get this change at all... not for anyone. And it doesn't seem like I'm the only one.
All the Battlefield YouTubers is a pretty good example... I don't see a single one of them saying it's not a bad change.

Guess I'll link to a couple of them here, so you can hear their words for yourself (if you haven't already).

What is the point of this change really?

Here's JackFrags thoughts on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS-TCt_aUnI

Here's LevelCaps thoughts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-2YUv3YHxI

And lastly Westie.... there's probably more, but they all seem to agree with how I feel, so don't see a point to keep looking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhpjOfKcoeU
Message 4 of 7 (432 Views)

★★★ Novice

“We’ve seen it’s[...]causing a divide in the community, which was never our intention”. Not your intention? and you literally go and divides the entire game into two modes with two ttks? So are you trying to divide or not? You are clearly not thinking straight.

Message 5 of 7 (399 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I will word this as politely as we, the community, possibly can.

Remove the new TTK Completely.

Having two TTK's will divide the already small community, and remove the skill-gap in the game. Thus ruining the vision of the game you created. 

Fix the TTD issue.

This, is the biggest issue in the game currently(minus the lack of content). Leave TTK, most players favorite aspect of the game, Alone.

My Biggest Fear.

That you completely Ignore the entirety of your vocal, veteran, and most engaged player base. The ones who take extra time away from the core game itself to help better it for the future. You have a very strange way of listening to your community. You cant please everyone, but if you don't want to lose those serious players, you may want to put some real effort into making change.

Consider the community divided. Now pick a side.

Message 6 of 7 (368 Views)

★★ Novice

This change is a good point. Since BF3 two modes (normal & hardcore) are played with players who are looking for a complete differente experience. Despite your efforts you cannot force them to play together. If one mode is not available they will simply look for another game.

I'm not complaining about the actual TTK which might be more friendly for newcomers.  But the problem with the actual core mode is that the TTK is not yet high enough. This is not yet hardcore like on any other BF where 2-3 bullets are enough to kill someone. 

Lots of players are still complaining that only snipers or shotguns are effective even in core mode.

So please can you do something to have a real hardcore mode , like in BF3, BF4, BF1 ?

Message 7 of 7 (338 Views)