Re: Battlefield 1 appeared in HDR on Xbox One X

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Battlefield 1 appeared in HDR on Xbox One X

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Hello everybody, my first time asking a question on here so I do apologize if already asked. Basically I started up Battlefield 1 on my Xbox One X, a notification popped up showing it was displaying in HDR on my TV, which is a 4k TCL Smart Tv. I know the game isn't Xbone X enhanced, so why would it show in HDR? The Graphics were noticeably SHARPER and colors were DARKER, making it pretty nice more than it already looks. So that being said, was it simply a bug maybe with the TV? Thanks for the help, real interested in accessing that graphic settings again. Any info will help

Also this has never happened to me before.
Message 1 of 5 (3,679 Views)

Hero (Retired)

No, it´s not a bug Standard smile

I don´t know if BF1 is enhanced for the PS Pro, but i´m using a standard PS4 with a 4K TV.

The first time I realized the HDR message was when I first started the BF1 CTE months ago.

BF1 added the HDR feature with the following patch back then.

So HDR in BF1 is a standard feature (you can adjust it in the graphics settings) and I really like it.

Message 2 of 5 (3,640 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @MastaBetty420,

HDR support was introduced last summer, here's the according news article. You can enable or disable the according setting in the game menu if you wish. But I agree, it looks beautiful on HDR capable devices.

Message 3 of 5 (3,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

additional question concerning 'Enhanced (HDR) version' of BF1 on XBOX ONEX:

If there is no information on box version (2016) or 'Revolution version' about enahancing version, does it mean that these version will not support HDR?

In other words: which box versions of BF1 support HDR?

Robert

Message 4 of 5 (1,024 Views)

EA DICE Team
@robert19710807 Both if you patch the game.

/Atic
Message 5 of 5 (952 Views)