Battlefield 1 PC won't connect to online.

by GZUSFarh

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 1 PC won't connect to online.

★★★ Newbie

What number was that and what if I am on exbox

Message 11 of 17 (2,458 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What is origin client?
Message 12 of 17 (2,447 Views)

EA Community Manager

The Origin client is our PC client for games, including your game library and shop - find out more on origin.com.

Message 13 of 17 (2,427 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think i discovered the problem,after last update  windows 10 defender antivirus is stoping me from playing battlefield 1. So i instaled another antivirus (AVG) and now the online game works fine

Message 14 of 17 (2,366 Views)

EA Community Manager

That's great to hear @metalyss, thank you for sharing this.

With one of the recent Windows updates, Defender was way more strict in regards to blocking programs, I am under the same impression. Glad to hear it was an easy solution though.

Message 15 of 17 (2,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Sorry to necro the thread, but I found a fix to this issue no-one else seems to have mentioned anywhere on the net (atleast for what was happening in my particular case anyway)

So the issue was, I could log into origin, people would see me online, I could see friends, but if I launched BF1 I could not "go online" (btw I think this would also work if it was BF4 I was having the issue with)

Basically the issue was that the game couldn't create a player profile folder...

The way I discovered this was because I was also having to set the sound and play the intro every time I launched, therefore it dawned on me that there was an issue with the profile/settings saving... I'd previously set my "documents" folder (where the game likes to create your player profile folder) in Windows to a location on my external X: HDD

At some point in the future I'd then removed that drive... Thus BF1 was then trying to create a profile folder/access a profile folder, in a location that no longer existed, and this was stopping me from going online. As soon as I plugged the X: back in, or switchted the documents library back to somewhere on the C:, it immediately created the player profile folder it needed, and I was able to go online...

It might be worth mentioning this to the devs, as the game neither a. told me it was having an issue creating the player profile folder, or b. created the folder somewhere that was possible, and with a little programming I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to do this.

Anyway hope this helps someone in the future!

Message 16 of 17 (2,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Are find out yet ?. Before I watched YouTuber Thailand them fix already . It work but right now YouTube deleted him channel so . I couldn't do it 

Message 17 of 17 (1,666 Views)