Re: Battlefield 1 PC won't connect to online.

by GZUSFarh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 1 PC won't connect to online.

★★★★ Novice

I just tried to play Battlefield 1 for the first time in probably a couple months, after I got the update and launched the game it says I'm offline with a button that says go online. Clicking it multiple times does nothing. My origin is online and working, hence the downloads and even the ability to try and join a friends game. I reinstalled both it and origin. Deleted all the local files from AppData and Documents, flushed my DNS and nothing has seemed to work. I've seen a few of these posts on here but none seem to have solutions and are outdated as of now. One solution I saw on a forum was to turn of DX 12, that didn't work for me either. Any help would be appreciated. 

This is of course for the PC version if it wasn't clear. Thanks!

Message 1 of 17 (27,748 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Hello Archi. Thankfully I can inform you that I've gotten this problem solved. Friday night I believe I finally was able to get a call back from the EA help and they sorted out my problem. They had me close and re-open Origin client and do a repair on the game (obviously things I've done in the past) and they looked at my account on there end as well, and after all that I was able to log into the game just fine. The person I spoke with didn't see anything wrong with my account like a ban or anything so I was still confused by what exactly happened. Not sure if it was my building a new PC and reinstalling the game and then transferring the game to another HDD after the initial install and maybe that was giving some false flag on my account since it might've been picked up as another machine running it. Regardless of the problem it's sorted now. Thanks for coming by this website though, I'm sure there are a lot more problems that can be solved with the help of EA staff.

View in thread

Message 10 of 17 (31,840 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey... { @GZUSFarh } try this!!!

Lost connection:

If Dx12 enabled in game switch it to Dx11

Another solutions:

For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.

Check hosts file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/972034/how-can-i-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default

Read this artcile https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

Message 2 of 17 (27,667 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Just tried the hosts fix since it was the only thing I haven't tried from what you suggested, which were listed in my original message not sure why you'd copy and paste me some scripted answer. Regardless it did nothing, same error. Just sitting at the main menu with a button that says Go Online. Every other game works fine, I have no internet issues. And Origin seems to be working alright as well, it's just Battlefield 1.

Message 3 of 17 (27,657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey... { @GZUSFarh }

Try this maybe will help you solved you problem.

This error may prevent you from playing online on a PC. If you encounter it, try the following steps:

- Repair the install.
- Restart your browser.
- Keep trying to join a server.
- EA working to fully resolve this issue.

[ Am not working for EA, If is answer good please Grant XP or accept as Solution ].

[ Thanks for using EA ANSWERS HQ! ].

Message 4 of 17 (27,649 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've done all that and more including uninstalling everything, origin, the game and deleting any settings saved in hidden folders. I've restarted my computer several times since, and my internet connections. There are no servers to join like I said it just says go online from within the game. I don't get why you assume you've read the title and post your answers when my original message included most of the things you are suggesting. Try reading before you copy and paste your scripts to get your sweet XP, you're not being helpful whatsoever.

Message 5 of 17 (27,640 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I guess no one has found a solution to this. I've seen a few other posts in the past with this same issue and none of them were resolved. Typical EA to sit by and let this go on. I've paid for a game I can now no longer play. Great business plan.

Message 6 of 17 (27,617 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello @GZUSFarh

Battlefield 1 should get the next update in this month "May Update" and let's see if this update will be able to solve your connection issue, since a lot of players experience this. I think after "May Update" connection should be better. Sorry.

Message 7 of 17 (27,607 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Alright the update is here. So I logged into Origin and updated the game but as I suspected from the patch notes not saying they fixed anything, my game still says Go Online on pretty much every screen. I can't uninstall and reinstall more than I have and nothing else I've tried seems to work. Other games such as Titanfall 2 and Star Wars Battlefront still work fine. I've tried contacting EA with the call back option and got nothing back but a straight to voicemail response from someone that I couldn't even understand. Hopefully someone actually employed browses these posts and can actually talk to me about the issue. It's getting pretty out of hand going on weeks not being able to play a game I paid for.

Message 8 of 17 (27,588 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello @GZUSFarh 

I am really sorry for those connection issues, and can totally understand your frustration. Have you tried to load your system with Clean Boot and launching the game afterwards? This can give us more insight on the nature of this issue. If you want to get in touch with EA Advisers on this, you can use this direct phone number to do so +44203 014 1818. Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 9 of 17 (27,572 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello Archi. Thankfully I can inform you that I've gotten this problem solved. Friday night I believe I finally was able to get a call back from the EA help and they sorted out my problem. They had me close and re-open Origin client and do a repair on the game (obviously things I've done in the past) and they looked at my account on there end as well, and after all that I was able to log into the game just fine. The person I spoke with didn't see anything wrong with my account like a ban or anything so I was still confused by what exactly happened. Not sure if it was my building a new PC and reinstalling the game and then transferring the game to another HDD after the initial install and maybe that was giving some false flag on my account since it might've been picked up as another machine running it. Regardless of the problem it's sorted now. Thanks for coming by this website though, I'm sure there are a lot more problems that can be solved with the help of EA staff.

Message 10 of 17 (31,841 Views)