Battlefield 1 Hacking

by Arkham85

Original Post

Battlefield 1 Hacking

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

How long do you take to act on reports? I've reported a blatant hacker days ago and he's still playing with the same username, as it happens.

Do you need video evidence or something?

Do you IP ban them or are they able to simply create a new account and do it all over again?

I don't blame the people who hack tbh, they are likely kids or very inadequate people. I blame the server management and Origin who simply allow it.

Sort this nonsense out man!

(removed the name and shame from the post) - Atic 

Message 1 of 14 (2,396 Views)

CHEATERS arent banned!?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

How come cheaters who get reported by about 63 people from a server in a game of Battlefield 1, arent banned?

Last night the guy ruined the whole server [Edit - Admin.] and today he is here again.

Blatantly cheating: being a scout and killing with Sentry elite class weapon, meanwhile using infiltrator bombardment on a map that doesnt even have that elite class, aimbotting (getting more kills in 5 mins) then the whole server all together... and the list just goes on. And there is no action by EA or Dice. Why do you have a report system if there are no consequences ffs!? I payed for this game and still connot enjoy it for more than an hour! WTF EA/DICE????????

Message 2 of 14 (2,257 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 Hacking

Hey @Arkham85 

The team who sorts through reports like these work regular hours and investigate as they go so that's why it can seem like it's taking a long time. They can't really talk specifics when it comes to their investigations but I assure you someone is looking into it; I don't doubt there have been people who have been IP banned depending on blatancy/severity but ultimately, your guess is as good as mine.

Video evidence definitely helps them distinguish cheaters from players who are just good at what they do; I've been accused of cheating before but certain upgrades like further melee reach or faster rate of fire can make a huge difference

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 14 (2,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The player was invisible. This isn't some crybaby thread over a skilled player.

The game is littered with cheats. 

Message 4 of 14 (2,317 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Arkham85 

Right, I'm just giving some examples of the types of reports that get in the way

Literally invisible or "invisible" akin to Metal Gear's stealth camouflage?

If they were literally invisible were they inside debris/the map?
They might not have been doing it on purpose but there is always the chance they found some exploit. 

If their outline was kinda there but their body was like input lag it's most likely you who was lagging - this can happen at the start of a round or when the other person is using a bugged combination of clothes; it's those cases in particular where video evidence helps the most

Message 5 of 14 (2,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The players body was invisible. The only thing you could see was the gun he/she was carrying, which essentially floated around as the player moved through the map. Aimbot was also being used.

I'm 35 mate and have been online gaming since about 1997. I know a cheat when I see one. 

Message 6 of 14 (2,275 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Arkham85 what's the platform?
Message 7 of 14 (2,248 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Message 8 of 14 (2,217 Views)

Re: CHEATERS arent banned!?

★★★ Novice
@Ramosoner1 This could be false but I heard on reddit that there are tons of hackers on pc but on Xbox 1 and ps4 there are no hackers. I kinda believe this because I have never had a hacker in my game before on ps4 but I’m only a level 60 so I don’t have a ton of experience but I have a good 35 hours on bf1 and the ps4 platinum trophy. I also heard that dice and Ea don’t care very much about hacking in bfv so I can’t imagine them caring in bf1. Sry to hear that i don’t really know what to do.
Message 9 of 14 (2,219 Views)

Re: CHEATERS arent banned!?

It's not that there are 0 cheaters on console  it's just significantly easier to do on PC.

That said, reports get sorted by a first come first served system so it could take a while to notice them gone. It sucks, but you'll just have to keep reporting until they are eventually dealt with.

Message 10 of 14 (2,167 Views)