Battlefield 1 Campaign Reset

by lizardpop

Original Post

Battlefield 1 Campaign Reset

★★★ Newbie

Playing PC version

I want to reset Battlefield 1 campaign as if I haven't played it yet.  What are my options for doing that?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (13,950 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1 Campaign Reset

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@lizardpop

Hi,

I didn't try it myself, but maybe you could see what happens if you delete the profile files from this folder: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Battlefield 1\settings
I would assume your online character will be re-downloaded but maybe this way you can start the campaign as a 'new player' 

Message 2 of 6 (13,928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

OMG, So i have to delete my settings and multyplayer char to reset the solo campaign?

EA shame on you for not fixing [removed by CM]  like this, and would it have killed you to give a tutorial mission for people to learn the controls or easy to use menu's.

Message 3 of 6 (12,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@multyvitamine wrote:

OMG, So i have to delete my settings and multyplayer char to reset the solo campaign?

EA shame on you for not fixing * like this, and would it have killed you to give a tutorial mission for people to learn the controls or easy to use menu's.

@multyvitamine 

Deleting your Settings folder won't delete your Multiplayer progress. Settings folder contains Singleplayer Saves and Game Settings (graphics settings, control settings)

Your Multiplayer progress is saved on EA Servers.

Message 4 of 6 (12,269 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey there,

as @IIPrest0nII said, the multiplayer progress is stored on the servers, whereas your campaign progress is stored locally on your PC. Therefore your multiplayer progress will not reset, even if you uninstall the game completely. This would only affect your campaing progress and in-game settings.

If you are curious about the controls, you can always check the options - there should also be some controls being displayed on screen during the introduction.

Message 5 of 6 (12,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the reactions.

I found the controls to replay the campaign missions without deleting anything.

The first time I played the game  i was thrown into a unwinneble campaign mission, it felt like total chaos and if there were controls being displayed i din't see them.

I had to learn the keylayout  from the setup menu's and had to watch fan made youtube movies to get some more information about how to use them, while most games give players a tutorial mission to learn basic controls and tactics.

After i got the basics down the only issu for me is the visibility of the enemies, even after i spot one its hard to separate friend from foe, even with collorblind mode on and TV contrast at maximum and brithnes at 60.

And altough i know my eyesight isnt a 100%, this is the first game i have had any trouble with it

I dont know if it was intended this way but i hope its going to be fixed one day

Maby a simple solution is to give the option to enlarge the cicles above an enemy once they are spotted for even those turn out so small that its hard to see if they are red or green

Message 6 of 6 (12,118 Views)