Re: Battlefield 1 Access Denied

by princessdpunk

Original Post

Battlefield 1 Access Denied

★★★ Newbie
Multiplayer for battlefield 1 xbox one, on my son's account keeps saying access denied. Yes, his account is an underage account but I have gone in and given adult permissions etc on all the places I've read I needed to, and it still gives this message. We have uninstalled and reinstalled, we have reset the Xbox one etc. Nothing works, all because his account is an underage account. How do I fix This? We literally only bought Xbox live gold for his account to play this game, online, with his father who lives in a different state. We only get to see his dad on weekends and this was something for them to do together when he can't be here. I am the parent, I decide what is and is not okay for my child, not EA. Did we just waste $90+ ($60 for live, $30 for the game) just to be told that he needs to wait 3 years? If so, I'll take the game back, and we will just stop supporting and buying EA games (I play and have bought ALL of the Sims, Expansions, stuff packs etc.) This is way more of a headache than it should be.
Message 1 of 3 (467 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Here´s some information about how to handle a child account, I hope it helps:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/give-your-child-access-to-games-on-their-child-account/

Standard smile

Message 2 of 3 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
It doesnt... it literally says your child needs to wait til they are 13 and then they can actually play games you, the parent, paid for, regardless of the settings that you, the parent, set. It's 2018, this is the best EA can do?

Edited to add it SAYS you can allow them access, but that does not work. And reading the countless posts made on this very issue after spending hours looking for help, there's nothing EA will/can do about it either. There is no point having parental controls if EA is still making the deciding factor what your child can or can not play.
Message 3 of 3 (427 Views)