Re: Basilisk OP

by Shimadacat

Original Post

Basilisk OP

★★★★ Guide

just got done with a match and for the life of me i could barely take one of these things out it was a lvl 8 and all my anti-air is lvl 9 and couldnt stand toe to toe with it this is with rocket troops as well the dps is too much or lower the health 

plain and simple 

Message 1 of 4 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Watched your match against TMoney.

Rocket squads can put a good dent into a baslikisk, but not when there is a widowmaker guarding it. Pitpulls also aren't a counter to the basilisk as the basilisk is strong against vehicles. I'd say your problem was less that the Basilisk is OP and more that you sent in units that his composition could handle single file. Trying to use 20 and 40 tib units to counter a 120 tib tech unit will probably end poorly no matter what unit it is. 

But with the composition that you had, I would build a pred, send that in to take the widow, then group 2 pitbulls into one hex and send them in at the same time as the pred and then deploy your strongarm turret within range of the basilisk. In a target rich environment the basilisk is poor and even should you lose the pred, your pits should be able to clean up the widowmaker afterwards. But all in all, a pitbull and rocket troops are hardly the be all and end all as far as air counters are concerned, nevermind tech air. 

all THAT said, try to keep a closer eye on your opponent, especially if they use scarabs. Most players try to screen their double harv's behind scarabs so they can jump to tech without having to spend on units to stop harvester harass. Even if you are trading poorly with the scarabs, every scarab squad they have to replace delays that tech. So get rid of the scarabs (your strongarm turret can remove a dug in scarab quite well, and if you build the turret behind the scarab the fire will be on their end, not yours allowing you to hold the area the scarab had previously), harass their harv's and charge that nuke so you don't have to try and break a widow/basilisk wall. You had the tools, just need to put them to use!

Message 2 of 4 (370 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Basilisk is ridiculously hard to counter, especially for someone like me who uses a GDI anchor build. However, that does not mean it is impossible. I've beaten basilisk widowmaker/cyborg decks with a titan disruptor anchor deck. Basilisk is a highly specialized unit; it does one job and does it ridiculously well. As much as I hate the basilisk, it teaches you to micro and to think fast. Considering this, I would say the basilisk could use a slight nerf to its maximum damage, so changing the total ramp up from 500% to 300% would be a fair balance.

Message 3 of 4 (353 Views)

★ Guide

Has everyone just forgot that it can't target air units?

So many people yell OP bas, OP ft etc etc

But as I stated use AIR units

Message 4 of 4 (340 Views)