Banned for a Week

by Tstillman24

Original Post

Banned for a Week

★ Guide

I was unable to post on here for a week. I contacted the guys at EA Dancer and Barry and did not hear back from anyone. Uggghhh I don’t know what I did wrong, but I don’t like how there was no one on EAs end that could drop me a reply. I talked to other people that this has happened to and was told sometimes when you edit posts too many times in a short period of time in order to correct spelling errors you have a high chance of getting blocked for a week. Anyways just wanted to vent and let people know that don’t expect any replies from EA if this ever happens to you. I didn’t get a reply. Someone else that this happened to didn’t get a reply. It’s hopeless to get any clarification on the matter so don’t bother trying.

Message 1 of 17 (804 Views)

Re: Banned for a Week

★★★★★ Guide

@Tstillman24 wrote:

I was unable to post on here for a week. I contacted the guys at EA Dancer and Barry and did not hear back from anyone. Uggghhh I don’t know what I did wrong, but I don’t like how there was no one on EAs end that could drop me a reply. I talked to other people that this has happened to and was told sometimes when you edit posts too many times in a short period of time in order to correct spelling errors you have a high chance of getting blocked for a week. Anyways just wanted to vent and let people know that don’t expect any replies from EA if this ever happens to you. I didn’t get a reply. Someone else that this happened to didn’t get a reply. It’s hopeless to get any clarification on the matter so don’t bother trying.

When making your posts/replies, try to spend time reading it before clicking on the submit button to minimize edits after submitting the post/reply. This will ensure that you don't have to touch your reply afterwards, unless you need to add something later, like extra detail. Sometimes editing and submitting the same post/reply is considered annoying as the data within your reply/post is constantly changing. The system might consider it spam.

Message 2 of 17 (782 Views)

@EinarThePillager wrote:

@Tstillman24 wrote:

When making your posts/replies, try to spend time reading it before clicking on the submit button to minimize edits after submitting the post/reply. This will ensure that you don't have to touch your reply afterwards, unless you need to add something later, like extra detail. Sometimes editing and submitting the same post/reply is considered annoying as the data within your reply/post is constantly changing. The system might consider it spam.

Why should you have to do that? Why not just fix  the website. I have had posts deleted because of edits marked as spam. Fix the damned website. 

Message 3 of 17 (773 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

Why should you have to do that? Why not just fix  the website. I have had posts deleted because of edits marked as spam. Fix the damned website. 

Maybe the number of edits a post had should be the tell tale sign its a spam. If you edit a message more than 5 times (it might be too much to do this), then its considered spam.

Message 4 of 17 (766 Views)

That’s nonsense. Never, ever happens in other forums.
Message 5 of 17 (749 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:
That’s nonsense. Never, ever happens in other forums.

Then why then did @Tstillman24 get banned? I'd say cause he edited his posts/replies too much. System should have a wider berth to see whether or not someone is spamming. A similar incident occurred with someone whom the system thought was cheating. This happened in the Pokemon Go servers. You just don't know a person's limit until you test it your self. Who knows, maybe the person runs so fast when playing Pokemon go that he could race a car for a few dozen meters.

Message 6 of 17 (737 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EinarThePillager We still don’t know why Batallia was banned.
Message 7 of 17 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@AlphonseDisciple wrote:
@EinarThePillagerWe still don’t know why Batallia was banned.

Image-1.jpg

There you have it.

I got banned myself for a week once. I edited a post too many times too quickly. The forum thought I was spamming or something, but all I did was add more info/correct spelling mistakes.

Also, I keep loosing XP for no reason. This forum is flawed.

(Note: I asked him myself a few days ago. I miss him :/ )

Message 8 of 17 (720 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Maybe the xp on EA forums expires after a certain amount of time.

Message 9 of 17 (709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@xMaksussYo tell Batallia I said what’s up! And let him know that I cracked Tiberium last season with Scarabs lmao. And that I miss him too! Lol, I just edited this post. Hope I don’t get banned. Lol

Message 10 of 17 (702 Views)