Re: Banned, but not banned? but cant play...

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned, but not banned? but cant play...

★ Novice

I received an email saying that my account has been banned permanently do to “match cheating”.

Shocked as I have no idea what this could be about and assumed it was a phishing email I logged into my EA account. Went to ban history, and I have no active bans or history of any bans. (this was 5 days ago and I’m still seeing the same thing, console says I’m banned EA website says no ban)

I tried to find out what “match cheating” actually is but nowhere on the EA site is that listed. On top of that I am the furthest thing from a gamer or would have a clue as to how one would cheap on this game? (nhl21).

I contacted EA the day after the email came in and they said they don’t see anything on a ban either. then they told me they “escalated” the investigation and I should hear back shortly. Been 3 or 4 days now and I haven’t heard back, and still cant play.  

Anyone have any idea what I can do here? I’ve logged out of my console and back in, same thing happens.  Not sure if it matters but I’m playing on a PS4.

Message 1 of 8 (2,232 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey all you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (2,146 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@dotdotdot83 

Please allow us time to complete our investigation into your issue. 

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (2,222 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I will for sure, im mostly trying to sort out what the definition of "match cheating" is. And any help on the issue form others is always nice!

Thanks for the speedy reply on the post though!

Message 3 of 8 (2,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey dotdotdot83,

Just wanted to add that the exact same thing happened to me today, got an email stating i was banned but it doesnt show anywhere that im banned only difference i guess is that i can actually still play too.

Ive send a report on it too, i was very confused too but it does seem someone manage to get on my account looking at match statistics.

So you arent the only one.

Message 4 of 8 (2,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie
actually after queing it seems i was banned after all it just still lets me log in.
So you are most likely in the same boat as me.
Message 5 of 8 (2,148 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all you will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (2,147 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko I recieved email today saying im unbanned after 14 days and can play again to still be locked out i feel ur pain
Message 7 of 8 (1,796 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear @hondafreak716.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,782 Views)