Balance Update - March 13

by EA_dance210

Original Post

Re: Balance Update - March 13

★★★★★ Guide
for everyone complaining about the nerfs to tanks and not bikes, please remember pred tanks were never kings of anti-bike. That belongs to pitbulls and rockets/lasers. Also don't finish off bike squads if they are rushing you. Kill 2/3 then move on to the next. They can't rebuild the squad if it is still alive, yet you are killing off the same DPS. So weaken them all, then kill them all and you have won the game. Countering rushes has and still is this easy. But if you go harv first, you are going to have a bad time, as was, and still is.
Message 11 of 31 (699 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can understand your point, but taking the case of rocket/jjt against wheels, your damage against them is also reduced. Jjt used to be good counter against tank & bike, but now the wheels can kill the jjt before you destroy a tank, and almost enough to protect the bike. Jjt can counter 2 squad of war dogs, but not wheels.

The problem is worse if you play against squads with higher levels. You can have a hard counter against other units and you may still win, but simply with wheels and bikes (only a war factory with 2 low cost units), they can handle most early game units and gaining huge advantage.

It is not uncommon to see people spamming wheels, militant, laser and bike even without harvester. With the high mobility, quick spawn rate (they dont need a harvester) and low cost, this could hardly be countered, even if you have a no tech squad or the game end before you can safely get out a tech unit. The pricey tank and fragile pitbull just make the situation worse.

Message 12 of 31 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I still experience that bike with 2 lvls ahead needs 3 laser/missile hits to kill.

Message 13 of 31 (675 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@eggpatrick

jjt CAN take on wardogs with minor damage, but it's still not worth it. In every scenario, a pitbull does a better job than jjt due to damage types, so I don't recommend it. At the end of the day, your 50 tib of jjt can kill about 30 tib of wardogs, a trade the wardog player will make every day of the week.

I went up against one of those spammers you talked about and I beat them handily. It is overwhelming at first because you are behind, and I did end up letting him get my harvester, but just persevere, get out your unit counters and focus the right unit for the task and you can beat them back no problem with your stronger economy.

Wanna beat bikes/wheels easy as gdi? Pitbulls counter both. Don't save up for preds as they are too slow to deal with the combo well. If you want to be cheeky, then use a pitbull to cover for a MG team and set them up, won't worry about lasers, bikes or wheels ever again. Just gotta adapt your deck =)
Message 14 of 31 (657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The worst balance change to the tanks ever! Change them back to 60 and 60 not 70! That is just foolish!

Message 15 of 31 (639 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree 100%

Message 16 of 31 (640 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@battalia

I am no discussing how to play against war dogs or wheels, I am pointing at how imba it is for wheels over dogs, and there is no good counter for Gdi. Pitbull is not as effective as bikes against wheels.

I have seen you invested quite a few on your lv 11 wheels, good at using them to weaken rocket/laser so there could be no match to your lv 13 tank.

I can understand why EA is not handling this in recent updates as the wheels are still on sale. I am not against P2W, but if it is not making better unit balance while invent new imba units, it will end up losing the no/small paying players.
Message 17 of 31 (613 Views)

★ Guide
still no fair threatment if u have to fight highlvls. still the same issues still no usefull infanterie counter as gdi
Message 18 of 31 (597 Views)

★★ Novice

hi, Please add a report button for the battles for reporting abnormal battles, like you can lose a match in 1:30 min with a fast MG squad, who kill any soldiers, with positioning near base and jump jet troopers who kill any machine.

Message 19 of 31 (589 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You guys really need to nerf sandstorms too tanky by far the only counter is ion cannon or chem buggy missle combo even avatars have difficulty dispatching them....you guys also need to set the game units once more to fault and quit messing with hp dps forcing people to change decks or spend money that is a horrible exploitation of gaming you should be sued for fraud 

Message 20 of 31 (581 Views)