Re: Balance Update - June 5

by totorodc12345

Original Post

★★ Novice

Kane

Lowering the cost of Kane slightly to make it a little more accessible.
- Cost decreased to 130 (was 140)

I mean 10 tiberium literally in my opinion makes zero sense and 0 difference. It doesn’t address the reason the avatar is underwhelming at all. The problem was never the price of the obelisk but rather the difficulty of actually getting a positive return on your investment.

Here are a few ideas to make it more worthwhile just to throw them out there: 

• make the obelisk permanent, limited to maximum one active at a time but make it consume a population slot? 

• when placing it on the tile, before the spawn animation plays allow the player to designate a target?

• Allow the obelisk to fire immediately after the spawn animation (first shot only) other subsequent shots need to charge as normal.  

• Make the obelisk “melt” enemy vehicle armour for a short time (maybe make them glow red so we know how long the debuff lasts) thereby amplifying any damage dealt by other units which are strong against this unit type for a short time. 

• Explode on destruction like the avatar  - so at least we get that value even if it didn’t get to fire?
Message 21 of 33 (595 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Dxmn blxxdy imbalance, and borders very much to pure cheats by EA itself. Again...fxxk you EA. Event tournament is such a cheat that it is purely intended to just show players how * EA is. Or at least the people behind Rivals. Sorry if I offended anyone, but when you do not listen to your customers here giving comment after comments and yet still these imbalances happen then you need to put up with frustrated players here. And worse is you guys pretended to be players yourself masquerading in those accounts giving stupid advise on how to play is just pure dishonesty. 

Message 22 of 33 (545 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @totorodc12345,

We do listen to player comments and constructive feedback, especially for unit balance. However, we also make decisions based off data and how the units are performing across all levels. I would love to pass along your feedback to the rest of the team; however, I'm having a hard time understanding what, exactly, you consider imbalanced. If you could give me more constructive information, I would be happy to pass it along. Thanks Standard smile

Message 23 of 33 (531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Siducky7777 wrote:

Kane

Lowering the cost of Kane slightly to make it a little more accessible.
- Cost decreased to 130 (was 140)

I mean 10 tiberium literally in my opinion makes zero sense and 0 difference. It doesn’t address the reason the avatar is underwhelming at all. The problem was never the price of the obelisk but rather the difficulty of actually getting a positive return on your investment.

Here are a few ideas to make it more worthwhile just to throw them out there: 

• make the obelisk permanent, limited to maximum one active at a time but make it consume a population slot? 

• when placing it on the tile, before the spawn animation plays allow the player to designate a target?

• Allow the obelisk to fire immediately after the spawn animation (first shot only) other subsequent shots need to charge as normal.  

• Make the obelisk “melt” enemy vehicle armour for a short time (maybe make them glow red so we know how long the debuff lasts) thereby amplifying any damage dealt by other units which are strong against this unit type for a short time. 

• Explode on destruction like the avatar  - so at least we get that value even if it didn’t get to fire?

I think price matters. Hard to get good return for 130 tib investment. Same applies for Gen. SOlOmOn

Message 24 of 33 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Hizsoo wrote:

JJT, as a 40 cost fast moving anti vehicle unit, become more spamable and better for early rushes, so we might need a revert on that.

Maybe JJT's need a nerf in terms of harvester damage or their health, making them more fragile against anti-infantry units. Also Scarabs need a nerf. I lost to one cause my cyber-wheel can't understand my commands properly. Maybe they're damage should be reduced against vehicles and aircraft by 20%. By then, a rhino can survive a single shot and be finished by the 2nd scarab if the rhino was moving around.

Message 25 of 33 (485 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

EA_dance210 : how is it that both are equal level but their crystal regenerate extremely fast even though I destroy their harvester several times. And at the same time they can continuously build expensive units ?? How is it that I am level 10 yet can b out build by a level 7 where my first harvester only manages to reach the Tiberium field but a lvl 7 opponent at the same time can send 3 attack bikes to attack my harvester ?? There are many more such cases of imbalances....and I am really surprise that you do not know and needed me to describe here. These have been mentioned in countless post in other threads. So it gives me the impression that you are pretending not to know....

Message 26 of 33 (476 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

That normally is an attack bike rush, like 2 or 3 squads. He does that so he could stall your economy while he builds his. Once he destroys your harvester, he places 1 or harvesters and starts to tech.

Message 27 of 33 (467 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@totorodc12345 wrote:

How is it that I am level 10 yet can b out build by a level 7 where my first harvester only manages to reach the Tiberium field but a lvl 7 opponent at the same time can send 3 attack bikes to attack my harvester ??

They can't. The population cap will prevent them from building three bikes at once. There is a cooldown timer that stops players from spamming units just like that.

Show us a recording of the replay so that we can see how this battle went.

Also, to prevent being rushed, it is recommended not to start by building a harvester first. You could build a unit for scouting to see what your opponent is doing early on.

Message 28 of 33 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

You don't even need a harvester to fight.

If you're gonna rush me, come on, let's see who's tougher without a harvester.

Message 29 of 33 (463 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@totorodc12345 wrote:

How is it that I am level 10 yet can b out build by a level 7 where my first harvester only manages to reach the Tiberium field but a lvl 7 opponent at the same time can send 3 attack bikes to attack my harvester ??

They can't. The population cap will prevent them from building three bikes at once. There is a cooldown timer that stops players from spamming units just like that.

Show us a recording of the replay so that we can see how this battle went.

Also, to prevent being rushed, it is recommended not to start by building a harvester first. You could build a unit for scouting to see what your opponent is doing early on.

Maybe what he refers to 3 bikes is just an entire bike squad composed of 3 members. He didn't exactly say his harvester was attacked with 3 bike squads at once, if that happened, then any double harvester deck stands little to no chance of winning. 

Message 30 of 33 (446 Views)