Balance Update - June 5

by EA_dance210

Original Post

Balance Update - June 5

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Commander,
The June season has started and we have new unit balance changes, an updated Tiberium League map pool and bug fixes.

Read below for the full details and let us know what you think below.

Tiberium League Map Pool
- Open Water
- The Needle
- Sandbar
- Twin Pillars
- Three Lanes
- Rorschach
- Flooded Fields
- Tide Pools

Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the Alliance Donations didn’t work correctly for Fanatics

GDI
APC

APC has been a fairly dominant force in the current meta. This change is to make them a little less like an immovable wall.
- Health decreased to 3300 (was 3500)

Disruptor

We heard your feedback and reduced the Disruptor’s base damage.
- Damage vs. Base decreased to 300 (was 400)

Drone Swarm

- This makes Drone Swarm a bit easier to kill by units such as Rhino and Buggy.
- Health decreased to 175 (was 200)

Grenadiers

Grenadiers aren’t quite at the level we would like just yet. Instead of increasing their combat power, we will put a bit more emphasis on what makes them special.
- Emp attack speed decrease, increased to 25% (was 15%)
- Movement speed emp increased to 60% (was 55%)

Hammerhead

Hammerhead has fallen off in recent patches.We are giving it a quality of life change as well as making it more accessible.
- Turn speed increased to 300 (was 150)
- Cost lowered to 90 (was 100)

Jump Jet Troopers

With the release of Grenadiers, we felt that Jumpjets were losing their place. With this change, we are providing a different space for them to belong.
- Damage reduced to 382 (was 400)
- Cost decreased to 40 (was 50)
- Health decreased to 200 (was 240)

Kodiak

This will allow Kodiak to feel a bit less clunky by allowing it to fire its guns while its moving.
- Now has Raider.

Mammoth Tank

Training issue against Avatar.
- Damage vs. Vehicles increased to 2130 (was 2070)
- Anti-Air Attack Delay reduced to 0 (was 1 second)

MLRS

Returning power back to the MLRS now that alternatives such as the mutant marauders and Grenadiers exist.
- Reload time decreased to 5 (was 6)

Mohawk Gunship

Tuning the Mohawk up to solidify it as GDIs consistent damage air unit against vehicles. It also now has the capability to shoot while moving but only from the side it's cannon is on
- Attack speed increased to 1.15 (was 1.4)
- Now has Raider

Sandstorm

Fixed an issue where Sandstorm was winning into certain infantry counters.
- Damage vs. Infantry decreased to 10 (was 15)
- Can now hover over lakes

Shatterer

It hovers.

Slingshot

Slingshot will now be able to get into position faster.
- Speed increased to Fast (was Average)

Sniper

Increasing Snipers attack speed will allow them to take down Grenadiers and Mutant Marauders in a reasonable amount of time.
- Attack Speed increased to 2.7 (was 3.0)

Titan

Titan has been a bit lackluster for several patches. We are brushing the dust off it so that players can pull it out a little earlier.
- Cost decreased to 130 (was 150)

War Dogs

A small bump so War Dogs do a bit better into its infantry match ups.
- Damage vs. Infantry increased to 22 (was 20)

Nod

Artillery

We are pleased to see that Artillery is finally seeing play; less so at how dominant and independent it is. We are decreasing its damage to push it more into a supporting role.
- Attack per second reduced to 3.6 (was 3.2)

Attack Bikes

Fixing some training issues and making early Attack Bike rushing a little less potent.
- Damage vs. Harvester decreased to 200 (was 244)
- Health reduced to 435 (was 450)
- Damage vs. Vehicles increased to 244 (was 240)

Avatar’s flame thrower getting a bit of a bump to take on some of the new infantry that has been added recently.
- Damage vs. Infantry increased to 140 (was120)

Cyberwheels

Cyberwheels have been incredibly powerful for Nod. While we like its glass cannon design, we want it to be a bit harder to position and swarm Control Pads.
- Speed reduced to Faster (was Fastest)

Inferno

Giving the Inferno back its old cost with the addition of so many meta defining units.
- Cost decreased to 100 (was 110)

Kane

Lowering the cost of Kane slightly to make it a little more accessible.
- Cost decreased to 130 (was 140)

Phantom

Lowering Phantom’s cost along side Hammerhead as well as fixing a training issue.
- Damage vs. Aircraft increased to 755 (was 720)
- Cost reduced 100 (was 110)

Mutant Marauder

The beefy boys are a little less beefy. Also fixed some training issues.
- Damage reduced to 382 (was 400)
- Health decreased to 620 (was 650

Rockworm

Rockworm has been a bit lackluster. This change will make it more of a generalist against light infantry.
- Infantry damage increased to 180 (was 90)

Stealth Tank

Stealth Tank has been incredibly dominant for some time. We are decreasing its speed to make it easier to catch and lowering its health to promote a high-risk, high-reward playstyle.
- Speed decreased to Faster (was Fastest)
- Health reduced to 1650 (was 1800)

Venom

Spruce up for the Venom to counteract the addition of heavy infantry.
- Attack speed increased to 0.4 (was 0.5)

Message 1 of 33 (2,197 Views)

Re: Balance Update - June 5

★ Guide

I want to be the first to say that I am thankful for EA taking the time to listen to everything that people have voiced about wanting to change about the game. Sometimes the comments that I see are a little pushy and not so nice. Don’t get me wrong a lot of people go about conveying their opinion in a positive way but I just want to say thanks for not letting people that speak poorly reflect the community as a whole and ignore what we have to say. While I am sad the the JumpJets have been nerfed I appreciate a lot of the changes because I know that they represent the majority of the general people’s opinion. So great job on taking people’s thoughts and feelings into consideration.

Message 2 of 33 (2,107 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

APC: Was hard to destroy, good change.

Disruptor: MEGA NICE!!! Thx for listening. But it's only a 25% decrease. We will see if this is enough.

Drone Swarm: I would have preferred a minimal damage nerf, but this is also ok.

Grenadiers: The duration of the EMP is rather short, it should be adjusted. But buffs to grenadiers are nice nonetheless.

Hammerhead: Uhhhhhh I like this change. Increased turnspeed will be very deadly ):D

JJTs: Risky changes. They might become too weak. Gotta keep an eye out on them.

Kodiak: ... bad change. The Kodiak was already very strong. It is often used to destroy the enemy base. With this change, it will attack stuff on its way there, ON 3 TILES!!! Absolutely not a fan of that one...

Mammoth: Imo the mammoth is already stronger than the avatar. And now the anti-air is even better. Mammoth might become too strong with this buff + the increased movespeed buff from last patch.

MLRS: MLRS really needed some love. I like this change.

Mohawk: It has struggled to compete with orca, but now it's a good pick. Not sure how raider will affect it though, since it fires to the side. Need to see it in action first.

Sandstorm: Good change to the infantry damage, but the random new hover ability? Unique new feature, but was it needed? Idk, we'll see what big of a gamechanger this is.

Shatterer: As soon as I read the Sandstorm change, I was like "Wait, doesn't shutterer hover too?", and then I read its notes. Unlike the sandstorm, this has good uses I think because while the sandstorm is good against air/vehicles, 2 targets, the shatterer is only good against infantry, 1 target. With this change it can chase infantry down better should they try to hide behind vehicles/air.

Slingshot: I would want a slight HP increase, but increased movespeed is also ok. Hoverability? Nice feature.

Sniper: As a sniper user, I say thank you ^^

Titan: Oh... this sounds really bad... I hope it doesn't get spammed now. If it does, its damage against infantry needs to go down. I don't like it oneshotting a lasertrooper. And it even deals ok damage against cyborgs, which just should't happen.

Wardogs: This change might make them comparebly strong to cyberwheels. But I have to try them out in a few matches first.

Artillery: Was a needed change. If you had no tech or anti-vehicle-air, you were basically screwed.

Bikes: This will hopefully stop those annoying bike/chembuggy all-ins...

Avatar: I agree that the avatar needs some strength back.

Wheels: These annoying things desperately needed a nerf, thanks.

Inferno: I rarely saw Infernos in recent times, this change will hopefully bring it back.

Kane: -10 tib is nice, I would have gone for -20 personally, down to 120.

Phantom: Not sure what to think of this. I like phantom, but now it seems to be really, REALLY strong...

Marauders: They were clearly too broken. Thank god they got adjusted...

Rockworm: Don't like this change. The rockworm isn't supposed to deal lot's of damage to infantry. Keep in mind that it deals AoE now, so it will kill a lasersquad in 1-3 hits now (can't tell the correct amount of times).

Stank: Sadly, these changes needed to be made. I love stanks, but I admit that they were a bit too strong.

Venom: Since it can't shoot air like its counterpart the Talon, it should deal even more damage. Nevertheless, good change.

All in all: ok-ish patch. Lots of unexpected changes (like "rework" of JJTs or new hover ability), so we will see what the next meta will look like.

Message 3 of 33 (2,079 Views)

★★ Guide

Did Jump Jet Troopers have their reduced damage against Harvesters removed?

Message 4 of 33 (2,031 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@KelinDrawn wrote:

Did Jump Jet Troopers have their reduced damage against Harvesters removed?

Nope. It should honestly come back, especially after the damage nerf.

Message 5 of 33 (2,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yes I believe so as well.

Message 6 of 33 (2,016 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mohawk gunship not working, its still not firing while moving. Pls fix the issue

Message 7 of 33 (2,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had Shockwave Troopers and Jumpjet Troopers in my army for some time.  Shockwave Troopers were on the left, and Jumpjet Troopers were on the right, because of the price order.  With the new change, the position of these units swapped.  In a single match, I summoned the wrong unit 4 times.  I don’t have to look at the bottom of my screen, and that’s important in tense encounters.  I don’t know how long it will take for me to adjust, but I know I’ll be at a competitive disadvantage until I do.

I just want the Shockwave Troopers to be left of Jumpjet Troopers.  Since this feels like a weird fix, I propose allowing us to customize which unit goes where, regardless of name or price.

Message 8 of 33 (1,952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@DarkGarithos wrote:

Mohawk gunship not working, its still not firing while moving. Pls fix the issue

The fact that it can only fire left does not change. Adding raider is not useful. Your opponent's unit has to move with your mohawk side by side but how could this happen lol?

Message 9 of 33 (1,928 Views)

★ Guide

In the next update can you please make it so that war dogs can shoot incoming scarabs and blow them up instead of only blowing up the first one and killing your dogs with the second one? In my opinion the dog still need some more damage output. Thanks for listening.

Message 10 of 33 (1,761 Views)