Balance Update - July 31, 2019

by igorjkriger

Original Post

Re: Balance Update - July 31, 2019

★★★ Novice

@DarkGarithos wrote:
@Mister_Cracslingshot are very easy to kill, so i dont think hide it will give any different, even 2 laser drones can kill slingshot with same level match, so imagine 2 units x 20tib can easily kill one unit x 50tib? 50tib will make slingshot become one of useless unit soon. Thats why i dont understand developer concept of setting unit price.

As someone who has been using laser drones extensively for the past 2.5 weeks, I can tell you with great certainty that 2 laser drones *cant* kill a slingshot with same-level match up, and especially won't be able to after this nerf. Slingshot is pretty powerful against air units, I mostly play air unit decks on both GDI and Nod and the only thing I have that can take them out is orca bombers. Its possible that regular orcas might be fast enough too, but I don't use regular orcas so can't be sure. Slingshots will rip apart pretty much any other air unit

The other way to take them out with air units is to use venoms as tank (they have deceptively high HP) to draw/distract the slingshot fire and use laser drones to attack it while its occupied, but pulling that combo off takes a lot of effort and maneuvering to pull off.

Message 11 of 12 (237 Views)

Re: Balance Update - July 31, 2019

★★★ Novice

Wish they would give drone swarms back their speed though.. those things are still so slow after the patch 2-3 balance cycles ago

Message 12 of 12 (236 Views)