Re: Balance Update - Dec. 6

by jamancodes

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
The zone troopers are a bit over powered. I havent been able to aquire Nod units yet. Mainly because leveling up is so slow. Please remove the 10 match a day XP coin reward cap. And please make it easier for non-paying customers to earn XP and Coins. Those 2 things would make the game way more enjoyable. Also remove spending gems on convoys and simply make it 2 gas canisters instead of 1.
Message 11 of 21 (844 Views)

★★★ Novice
best way to counter zone troopers is with air units. If they build rocket troops youll be able to kite them. I find drones to be a good counter to zone troopers, wolverines, and rhinos. On the nod side getting a flame tank shreds any ground troops.
Message 12 of 21 (811 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im a NOD player and I agree that the flame tank is way op. Its one thing for them to shred troops, thats expected but the way it shreds through buildings is just unfair. Id like to see the damage to buildings decreased by a bit as well as lower HP.
I've been in situations where I have a quarter of a health bar on my base and I have to banshees on the flame tank and I still lose because its so tanky.

Message 13 of 21 (809 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi EA.

I think there is a problem with the balance of GDI v NOD.

I'm at level 9. I haven't bought any credits, although I'd be happy to buy the game. 

Playing as GDI, there is no way of beating a player with the rockworm or the flame tank. I have the Titan as my strongest weapon and it gets destroyed very quickly, without inflicting any damage on the rockworm. A NOD player is also able to attack your base, with the same weapons and you don't have anything strong enough to stop them.

Can you address this please? Or do I need to buy a load of credits to improve my choice of weapons?

I have seen others raising this as an issue. There is no pont playing as GDI against NOD at level 9. You will lose.

Many thanks.

Rich.

Message 14 of 21 (784 Views)

★ Novice

Please fix your match making system. It's annoying and ridiculous! Keep on matching me with enemy far more superior than mine. +3-4 levels..

Message 15 of 21 (771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been playing a lot of games recently and noticed the same strategy of just pumping out missive troopers as GDI. I’m only Silver 2 but it’s something I’ve noticed since the start of the game. I’ve had a pretty solid 16 win-streak and they were all against missile spam so I know it’s not overpowered. But it’s kinda annoying how common it is. 

Message 16 of 21 (761 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks everyone for all of your feedback!

@evildude13, I don't think the balance team has a set time between balance changes, although they are constantly reviewing and testing changes before they go live. Gathering feedback from the community as well as statistical data on how units are performing is important.

@governer7778, if you see anything suspicious in game, please feel free to report it:

1. Click Contact us on EA Help.
    • We recommend logging in to your EA Account.
  2. Select your Product.
  3. Select your Platform.
  4. For Topic, select Report concerns or harassment, then choose your issue and tell us a little about it.
    • Describe the issue and give us as much detail as possible.
  5. Click Submit to send us your report.

All details can be found HERE.

@igorjkriger, the balance changes are already live. They didn't require you to update to a new version of the game, so you should be good to go Standard smile

@45ruxbp39n3k

Rockworms aren't as strong against infantry, so sending multiple Missile Squads against it is an option. Be careful of the AoE damage when unburrowing though; the Rockworm can do a lot of damage against infantry when it unburrows. If you have Zone Troopers in your army, you can also send them against Rockworms.

As for the Flame Tank, it's weaker against vehicles, so using a Predator, Pitbull or Titan can be useful. As you level up and gain access to air units, those should also work well against both the Rockworm and Flame Tank.

@jaabak33, the matchmaker is designed to set up battles with opponents within your league, whenever possible. Depending on how quickly your progress through the league ladder, you may encounter opponents with higher level units, up to the unit cap. What league are you currently in and what level are your units.

Message 17 of 21 (730 Views)

★★★ Novice

Could you lower the damage of the flame tank because players use it to attack my base and i lose everytime because of it and it damages my base to half health very fast

Message 18 of 21 (678 Views)

★★★ Newbie
FLAME TANK
“Flame tank was in a rough spot. We have increased its damage to infantry and structures to make it fit its intended design.”

Damage vs Structures increased to 550 (was 400)
Damage vs Infantry increased to 300 (was 200)

ARE YOU INSANE YOU BROKE THIS GAME!

1-2 tanks and game is lost to much dmg or too much life do something asap!
Message 19 of 21 (650 Views)

★★★★ Guide

the flame tank surge to base is really bad now 

it needs a health debuff by alot  bc 2 rockets and 2 missile trucks isnt killing it fast enough 

Message 20 of 21 (635 Views)