Re: Balance Update - April 3

by EA_dance210

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @mi5jason,

For live service games like Rivals, making balance changes on a regular basis is part of the normal process. How units perform in the live game, even with extensive testing before changes are made, will determine if more adjustments are needed. The idea isn't to overtune a unit too far in one direction, but we will make adjustments as needed so that it's in a good place. The plan is to make a unit balance update at the start of each season, with additional changes when necessary. That should let us keep the units balanced without things changing constantly.

Nod and GDI are designed to have generally different play styles. We don't want the factions to be copies of each other, hence why the factions differ. We do look at how they stack up against each other, to make sure one faction doesn't dominate the other.

Message 21 of 48 (814 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The giga-canon was already strong enough. I would accept the hp increase, but boosting its damage is too much.

Message 22 of 48 (788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'm still not able to oneshot orcab this early morning with my stealth? I need a reinstall? Probably some desyns have happened

Message 23 of 48 (771 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Completely agree. The only early counter is the pitbull but costs 10 more. Makes no sense. I refuse to add missle squads. They are useless everywhere else. I don't have enough slots to counter everyone else's decks as it is.
Message 24 of 48 (763 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Agree. I did so much better with this last tourney. 8 out of 10, one was using units I don't have and the other I messed up.

I have an alt account that I decided to play around with different units to try and counter some of these super high level units like jugg, mammoth etc.  Since everything was level capped. I'm failing miserably. 

Message 25 of 48 (764 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Regular tourney's I win a few but always get matched with someone that is wayyyyy out of my league when I'm on a win streak. 

Message 26 of 48 (761 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Agree, all changes are going d except the Stealth tank. It is a bit overwhelming esp for aircrafts
Message 27 of 48 (747 Views)

★★★★ Pro

It seems to me that the Disruptor does more damage vs. vehicles and buildings than it should. Could you please check?

Message 28 of 48 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@emandab98 wrote:
Completely agree. The only early counter is the pitbull but costs 10 more. Makes no sense. I refuse to add missle squads. They are useless everywhere else. I don't have enough slots to counter everyone else's decks as it is.

There are decks which have a strong counter for everything. Also, the Missile Squads are far from useless. They work well against Bikes, Tanks, Pitbulls, Orcas, Banshees, ... that's quite a lot.

Message 29 of 48 (715 Views)

★★★ Novice

Dafuque, my buggy level 10 with 2 upgrades can't even beat a level 9 single upgrade Pitbull. What a fantastic balance.... Not. Nod is weaker than gdi in multiple aspects. Stealth tanks which are more expensive, and not able to take out bombers. 2 trikes can, but often you lose both or more, which is too expensive.

Message 30 of 48 (699 Views)