Background in squad menu before deployment has to be improved

by Julybil

Original Post

Background in squad menu before deployment has to be improved

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

After the recent patch I have noticed that the backgrounds in the squad deployment screen are similar to the ones use in the collection menu and the character selection menu. For the collection and the character selection menu this was a good choice, because it is a calm background that made you more focused on the characters as intended. However in the squad deployment screen (see screenshot) this background causes some esthetic and proportinal issues. The background makes it look like the characters are toy figures or small model, because it looks like they are standing in a big room. I came up with an idea to fix these esthetic issues. These issues can be fixed by placing the characters in the environment of the map that they play on. For example, when the match is played on Takodana then the characters will be displayed in the forest or Maz's Castle, depending on the spawn location/phase of the match. The opportunity that is made by this change could be that the character can also interact with that environment before deployment. For instance, the characters that spawn in the forest on Takodana can sit on a rock, leaning against a tree or hiding behind a bush. These changes would make the game feel more dynamic and takes away the illusion of toy figures/small models. So what if vehicles or heroes are selected? Vehicles could be placed somewhere in the background when they are large, like the AT-ST. Small vehicles, like the LIUV, could be placed on the foreground and possibly interact with the other characters in the deployment menu. For example, a heavy trooper can be leaning against the LIUV while another trooper is sitting inside the LIUV. So what about the heroes? The heroes are even easier to be remodeled in these screens, because they can simply stand in their normal pose like they do now. When you really want to make these screens popping then placing some heroes in a iconical pose will do the trick. 

This idea can also be used in other screens. I hope EA will look at this, because this concept will really make this game shine and graphically outstand others.

Message 1 of 9 (1,743 Views)

Re: Background in squad menu before deployment has to be improved

★★★★★ Novice

Agree. I think putting them on the map would be a great change of pace and screen while you're waiting. 

Message 2 of 9 (1,664 Views)

★★★★ Guide

They need to make it more like the squad screen in Call of Duty WWII (see screenshot).

Message 3 of 9 (1,658 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Ah I see, yeah that would be nice, imagine that on Naboo with combat in the background.
Message 4 of 9 (1,649 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @AllAboutSzek @Julybil Thanks for the feedback! 

I have sent this on to the team. Standard smile 

Would be cool to see it based on what map you are. 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 9 (1,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic@ Agreed, thank you, much appreciated, have a good da

Message 6 of 9 (1,563 Views)

★★★ Pro

Since they implemented these changes through separate updates, I thought it could still be a work in progress.

Your suggestion would definitely be much better atmosphere-wise. Spawning as an AT-ST for example is really weird, that's what really makes it look like the toy figure thing you mentioned. I can buy that they are standing in some huge room, but the AT-ST shows up as this ridiculously small model, at around waist-height.

When the squad system comes in, a "best squad" screen would also be great, though they would have to get rid of the existing victory pose system, which is quite unlikely.

Message 7 of 9 (1,531 Views)

I just want to add that some players in the community already edited some good quality spawn screens. 

Below is a picture from the spawn screen on kamino.

There are several others that look really fancy: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/8dyk4c/imagine_spawn_screens_looking_like_this...

F8RGE already saw these, so hopefully, the UI team can create something similar.

Also, just to note: I would love to be able to use emotes in the spawn screen as well. So if you see your squad, you can start emoting. Makes them a bit more fun to use and gives ohter player incentive to buy the emotes.

Kamino.PNG

Message 8 of 9 (1,477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DYSPROssium

I've also been thinking about your idea regarding emotes, I've tried to use them many times, in fact, just in case they made this change in some update.

Though some new emotes would be needed, I think many of us unlocked them all, way back in the lootbox era.

Message 9 of 9 (1,456 Views)