BFV Feedback from a veteran player

by GUTENTAAAAG

Original Post

BFV Feedback from a veteran player

★★★ Guide

Hi!

I just want to give you my feedback on BFV. I played the franchise since BF1942, mostly BF2 and BFV. (500hours+ each).

Ok, so lets start with the positives:

- I think BFV is well balanced in general in terms of game-play. Both guns and vehicles. Classes make a lot more sense than they used to in BF1. Planes are not OP. Dogfights are challenging. Tanks can be taken out, yet they are powerful. Soldier and weapon skins really make the experience more personalized than in previous titles.

Some negatives:

- Bugs are not as game-breaking as people say, yet it is difficult to understand why some patches are released with obvious bugs. (Weekly challenge is to get an anti-tank Rifle and in the end receive a bugged version which cannot damage vehicles properly... lol?!)

-The biggest issue with the game is currently: lack of maps. Every previous title had a lot more maps. Feels like a missed opportunity here.

And pleeeease...... for the love of god, listen to the community and make maps like Arras.... not like Hamada.

People love Mercury because it's new. But in terms of game meta, it is terrible. Make maps with tons of cover and no verticality. (Good example of an open, yet playable map is Niville Nights from BF1).

Please make more maps, no excuses. No more weapons / game modes are needed. Just good maps.

Message 1 of 7 (670 Views)

Re: BFV Feedback from a veteran player

★★★ Guide

One more thing: I understand that you had to try battle royale... but to me this game mode makes very little sense. Survive the first few minutes to get some decent gear, than hide the whole round and sneak in the final kill... basically that's how you win. Engagements are super risky and not very rewarding. If you die, you have to rejoin a game which takes several minutes. You can spend more time on the loading screen than in the game itself. It's a broken concept. Not even sure why people play this mode.

The best would be to get rid of firestorm alltogether and keep conquest, frontlines, domination and fortress and rush.

Message 2 of 7 (665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with the OP.
And if you want to keep Firestorm viable -- make it FREE TO PLAY.
THAT will draw in new people to try out a Battlefield game, perhaps for the first time.
Battle Royale is a *turnoff* for at least half of the Battlefield player base -- because we play the game for semi-realism.

Message 3 of 7 (629 Views)

★★ Novice

To add a bit of well meant advice.

A test range is a great idea, particularly for novice flyers.

Would it be possible to have bomb blasts marked with smoke for 5 or so seconds.

That would give a chance for cockpit view players to look back and check their accuracy.

or an automatic look back to the point of impact.

There's not much point  to practicing dropping them if you can't tell, at relative leisure, where they hit.

Message 4 of 7 (540 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@grendelsmum There are destructible radar buildings in the bomb zones of the practice range that repair back to normal withing 30 seconds or so. This gives a really good indication of your accuracy by how much damage you do to the radar buildings
Message 5 of 7 (525 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you. Yes I hear the big bang from behind when I get a direct hit, which is nice. I was thinking more of the early days, when one is WAAAY off. Another thing to consider? A practice range component for bombing moving ground targets?

Message 6 of 7 (519 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@grendelsmum not a bad idea but you could always get a friend into the range and have them drive around with friendly fire on
Message 7 of 7 (513 Views)