BF1 won't go fullscreen (GTX 860M)

by IncomingFlank

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF1 won't go fullscreen (GTX 860M)

★★ Novice

I open the game it starts windowed, my screen blinks and then the game goes windowed again, I check my settings and it says it's fullscreen.

Anyways here are some "solutions" that I have already tried:

Manually change between fullscreen>borderless>windowed>fullscreen, apply changes, etc. - this does nothing, even through the game does try to go fullscreen.

Press alt enter, game tries to go fullscreen but fails and goes windowed again.

I am currently using DirectX 11, on windows 8.

No TeamViewer or anything alike is running.

I tried going to display then changing the resolution scale, did nothing.

My drivers are up to date.

GeForce has fullscreen checked on BF1.

I ALREADY KNOW what's the problem, it's something to do with the 860M graphic card, since my laptop also has an intel graphics, I used it and the game went fullscreen, but it's unplayable with that graphics, so... How do I fix my game or graphics settings so it will go fullscreen using it?

Message 1 of 9 (3,356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF1 won't go fullscreen (GTX 860M)

★★ Novice

Same here, but i think the Win 8 is the problem. I have Win 8.1 and the game wont go fullscreen, so im playing on borderless and waiting for the fix. I have a friend that had Win 8.1 and tried to run BF1, he had the same problem. But when he updated to Win 10 the problem was gone.

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (4,045 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I've got the exact same problem with my gtx 860m. I've got a lenovo ideapad y50-70.

Edit: added 8gb extra ram, total of 16 and the game runs smoother, but the fullscreen problem stays.
Message 2 of 9 (3,293 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, but i think the Win 8 is the problem. I have Win 8.1 and the game wont go fullscreen, so im playing on borderless and waiting for the fix. I have a friend that had Win 8.1 and tried to run BF1, he had the same problem. But when he updated to Win 10 the problem was gone.

Message 3 of 9 (4,046 Views)

★★ Novice

And i have GTX 950M

Message 4 of 9 (3,244 Views)

★★ Guide
Hello @IncomingFlank

I would try to uninstall the game and then reinstall it. That's what I would do. If your equipment just isn't working like you said then obliviously you need to get that fixed.

Thanks,
Zoie
Message 5 of 9 (3,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

MikaeliX1 wrote:

@Z01e___007

@MikaeliX1

@SizzlerBE

For everyone who has this problem and is using Win8/8.1, I switched to Win10 and the problem is GONE, that's the one and only solutoon I have found.

Message 6 of 9 (3,223 Views)

★★ Novice
Its wrong that bf1 have problems on win 8. EA should fix it
Message 7 of 9 (3,213 Views)

★★ Novice

same exact problem man Lenovo y50-70 with gtx 860

this problem is in gta 5, starwars battlefront, and battlefield 1... i dont know why this problem with these 3 games only ! probably they have something in common

windows 8.1 I tried all solution on the internet , searched entire google nothing helped the game will never go full screen ..... the only thing fixed the problem was installing/upgrading to windows 10 ... but windows 10 has a lot of other problems including drivers functioning and I really didn't like it so I went back to windows 8.1.... if anyone knows a common solution that worked with someone who has gtx860 please let us know thanks

Message 8 of 9 (3,170 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem for me with BF 1. No solutions at the moment.

Message 9 of 9 (1,429 Views)