Re: BF1 is full of hackers

★★ Guide

Name and shame then a public stoning 

Message 21 of 41 (2,747 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

Hey @bagfast,

as a fellow Battlefield player I feel you when you say you had about enough with cheaters.

To follow up on EA_Archi's statement, we do appreciate the cheat reports we receive - due to privacy reasons we cannot inform whoever sent in the report.

For the naming & shaming part, this is in place to protect people from bullying and rumours. Imagine you playing a good round and another player suspects you're cheating. You probably wouldn't want him calling you a cheater all over the place, those things can destroy reputation and do serious damage.

That said, if you want to see DICE focus on this particular issue, go ahead and leave your feedback on reddit as requested by producer Jojje Dalunde - more information can be found here.

Message 22 of 41 (2,720 Views)

★★ Expert
There are some hackers, but there are MLG gamers who get called hackers for being good.
Message 23 of 41 (2,713 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So sick of seeing cheaters pretending they aren't and laughing at the fairfight system.

Message 24 of 41 (2,702 Views)

★★ Novice

You used to get a good 2 years out of a BF game until it was taken over by hackers...

BF1 is not even a year old and the hackers have destroyed it...

Fairfight is a pathetic failure, since hackers are being tutored on their hack websites on how to avoid detection through stat management ...

I am seriously debating whether or not I will be buying any future BF franchise...

I might if you make a decent single player gaming experience...

Not for the multiplayer...

Message 25 of 41 (2,635 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Yes, they are present in this game just as they have before in others that EA has their hands in (bf4, SWBF). I report all the freaking time on things that are clearly hacks. It's clear & obvious when an entire server gripes about someone for round after round while some guy is one shot killing everyone from great distances & through objects with a SMG or LMG achieving high KDR's. The issue is, for us players/supporters of your products, that we see the SAME people around day after day and week after week. Sometimes they even scoff and laugh at us telling them we've reported them, saying they know EA will do nothing about it and if they do they know some way to undo it easily. Heard this claim for more than once. So the hackers feel empowered they go untouched and the rest of us feel screwed over like nothing is being done.
Message 26 of 41 (2,629 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Another frustrating thing is, that we have to complain here at EA Answer HQ to get heard!

If you mention hacker, hack, cheat, cheater or any other keyword on BF1 forum your thread will be closed within a day.

They try to suppress any discussion that might damage the trust in BF1...

Their official justification for closing threads is that hackers would read the thread and be even more pleased....
I think they try to protect the failure of Fairfight and their huge inability to do something about it.

Message 27 of 41 (2,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for all the info guys. I quit playing BF with BFBC2 because everyone was a sniper which ruined the experience (ie: hopping on AA turret = death sentence as there's 5 snipers on you in a second), and I had been a BF player since 1942. Nowadays I google the name of the game I'm interested in and (hackers OR modders) and see what the cheat situation is. Dodge the bullet on this game... won't be buying it.  Saw this thread along with way too many on google to chance it with BF1. By far, I can ignore the sniper issue but hacks I can't

Message 28 of 41 (2,508 Views)

EA Community Manager

To add to that: Threads aren't usually closed because the subject itself is being discussed, but names are called out, videos and screenshots are posted that suggest that other people are cheating.

While we're happy to deal with those reports in general, they do not belong in a public forum - since this can lead to players being falsely accused, and nobody would want that to happen to them. If you have any suspicions about a player being cheating, by all means, please do leave a report using this form.

Message 29 of 41 (2,493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Nothing gets done anyways, I just quit playing.  Prob never buy into another BF game again, it's a shame.  All of this fancy software today and nobody can prevent these cheats, that should be #1 on the list of priorities since people are paying money for this game.  I know several people who quit because of it.  It's sites like these that ruin all online games. 

[CM EDIT- link removed, do not link such sites here]

Nothing will get done until you guys start attacking these sites.

Message 30 of 41 (2,379 Views)