BF1 is a great game but its being ruined by cheaters! Mutliplayer is ridiculous!

by m4tday

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF1 is a great game but its being ruined by cheaters! Mutliplayer is ridiculous!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've been playing PC games, in particular FPS, for years and im no noob when it comes to them by any means. But either i just suck at BF1 or the majority of my opponents are using cheats like aimbots. I'm starting to lose count of the amount of times that i get spawned and litterally within a few seconds get shot or blown up and this often happens several times in a row. I might get 4 or 5 kills but would've died 20 times to get it. I realise this game isn't like GTA where the normal 'Rambo' style of charging straight into the action doesn't work and that you have to take your time and flank, use cover etc, but it seems way to easy die in multiplayer! Sometimes i just give up and load up another game. Something just doesn't feel right when these other players can kill you so quickly and easily, almost instantly. Yes i know there are much better players than me on there, but im sure all of you reading this must've experienced similar when you get killed so quickly and repeatidly.....

What are EA doing about this as i've heard none of there Fairfight tactics are working. Actually, i'm sure i've seen text chats in game where a players name has 'FAIRFIGHT BANNED' before it. If they are banned, how are they playing in the game??!....

Message 1 of 7 (1,104 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF1 is a great game but its being ruined by cheaters! Mutliplayer is ridicul

EA Community Manager

Hey everyone.

A blog post was published about a month ago that covers that topic - quote:

"We are always developing new ways to detect players who prefer to circumvent the fair rules of the game, and we’re confident we will prevail. The Anti-Cheat teams here at DICE and EA are working hard every day to even out the playing field by removing cheaters from our games. We will not stop until the community is happy with the results."

This includes a guide on how to report suspected cheaters yourself. Since this is a necro thread and all information is contained in the blog post, this thread will be closed.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (723 Views)

All Replies

Re: BF1 is a great game but its being ruined by cheaters! Mutliplayer is ridicul

★★ Novice

I agree, it's a mess on PC.  Every match I see at least five people banned by fairfight, but it's not even just the cheaters that tick me off.  The game was fun for a while, but I only ever get killed by like five guns:  hellriegel, shotgun, automatico, martini sniper, or AT rocket gun, and out of those half are just camping a corner or sitting on the very edge of the map.

Some of the maps are so linear that the whole match is literally corner campers back capping you with shotguns for the whole game, and when you finally take the objective back, you better believe theres some douche sniper out there on the edge of the map, not firing and just being a spawn point for assault guys with shotguns to get back in there and camp some more corners.  I honestly don't see how anyone is having fun playing this game anymore.

I haven't played hardcore yet, I imagine it's even worse than normal mode, but I might give it a go before I swear this game off and go back to planetside.

Message 2 of 7 (1,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Campers are losing the matches, it's because no one follows orders or spawns on squads, or spots,  or revives, or drops ammo bags and health bags (boxes suck). Heal the Elites.

If you can't push left, push right. Or jump off that server full of clueless sniping campers until you find a server with good teams, and yes sometimes it will take 3 or 4 different servers to find and there will still be cheaters, but the sides with the cheaters will lose a lot.

Gas and smoke are to be used. Shotguns are OP.

Message 3 of 7 (1,057 Views)

★★★★ Novice

lol same here m8, it's actually putting me off playing a game i just paid £50 for :/. about ten mins ago i got shot through two walls of a house by a guy camping on the otherside of the map, and got into a cqc gun fight, got killed and the guy still had 100% health.

Message 4 of 7 (1,044 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Apart from FairFight doing it's thing, which is great the rest is left to the users to report the (possible/obvious cheater). The more people who do this, the faster their account will be reviewed for cheating. I know it's annoying to have to take these steps, it could have been made easier by simply right click on someones name in the score list but for the time being the link above shows the only way. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You seem like a broken record. The game is riddled with cheaters and it isn't my job to do your job. Cheats violate terms of service and it isn't my job to see that your terms of service are enforced. 

Message 6 of 7 (662 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey everyone.

A blog post was published about a month ago that covers that topic - quote:

"We are always developing new ways to detect players who prefer to circumvent the fair rules of the game, and we’re confident we will prevail. The Anti-Cheat teams here at DICE and EA are working hard every day to even out the playing field by removing cheaters from our games. We will not stop until the community is happy with the results."

This includes a guide on how to report suspected cheaters yourself. Since this is a necro thread and all information is contained in the blog post, this thread will be closed.

Message 7 of 7 (724 Views)