BF1 Revolution Edition redeemed over existing BF1 Standard Edition

by LtMike_Powell_EU

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF1 Revolution Edition redeemed over existing BF1 Standard Edition

★★★ Novice

I own the standard BF1 edition, and i was wondering if there would be any content conflicts if i were to purchase the Revolution Edition that includes both the base game (AGAIN) and the DLC and pre-order content as one bundle.

Since I personally am not able to purchase online due to a lack of a credit/debit card and have found a sale at a local store of the Revolution Edition, i was wondering if it would cause any conflicting issues, if i were to purchase it and bind it/redeem the product code into the same account that the standard BF1 edition has been redeemed.

Any insight would be quite helpful and appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6 (3,438 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF1 Revolution Edition redeemed over existing BF1 Standard Edition

Hero (Retired)

Hey @LtMike_Powell_EU,

I´ve understood your question, maybe our answers were too short, sorry for that.

It works this way: You buy the Revolution Edition in your local store as a physical copy.

You take out the Premium Pass and redeem it for your acoount, there will be no problems with that. It´s just a normal Premium Pass.

Then you can give your second copy of BF1 to a friend, or you just sell it again, because you don´t need the basic game twice.

If there are no single Premium pass codes in your local store, this is your option then. It will surely work, I can´t think of a reason why there should be a problem.

Enjoy your Premium experience and the new DLC that´s coming soon Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (5,034 Views)

All Replies

@LtMike_Powell_EU If you have a standard edition, you can buy a premium pass. But you won't be in conflict with your original game

Message 2 of 6 (3,427 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Right, Revolution will give you the BF1-Disc and a Premium code.

Just use Premium, sell the disc and enjoy your full BF1 experience Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (3,419 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the advice, however, i cannot find any deals selling Premium ONLY from any local stores around my area, as a code in a box (physical sale). All sales are online and require a credit/debit card to purchase, which i do not own unfortunately.

I do have the amount of cash necessary, just not in credit card form, only in actual cash and would like to own the Premium service, but there are no local sales as a Premium code in a box, and Paysafecards do not work reliably (or at all, but that is another matter).

So, would it technically be a viable alternative to simply purchase the physical bundle from my local store using actual money since this is my only alternative ? Or would it cause conflicts with content already existing with the base game ?

My mind is set in owning Premium through this purchase of the Revolution Edition, since it is my only alternative, as stated above. Again, thank you for your helpful replies, however if any here could describe to me if there would be any conflicts or not, i would mark the topic as solved.

Message 4 of 6 (3,403 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @LtMike_Powell_EU,

I´ve understood your question, maybe our answers were too short, sorry for that.

It works this way: You buy the Revolution Edition in your local store as a physical copy.

You take out the Premium Pass and redeem it for your acoount, there will be no problems with that. It´s just a normal Premium Pass.

Then you can give your second copy of BF1 to a friend, or you just sell it again, because you don´t need the basic game twice.

If there are no single Premium pass codes in your local store, this is your option then. It will surely work, I can´t think of a reason why there should be a problem.

Enjoy your Premium experience and the new DLC that´s coming soon Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (5,035 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks a lot to everyone who replied here, i appreciate your responses. Hopefully i ll soon be joining the upcoming DLC :D

Message 6 of 6 (3,381 Views)