BF1 Early play

by Th3bigM00se

Original Post

BF1 Early play

★★ Newbie

So I bought the BF1 Ultimate edition the other day. Then I heard that if I have Origin Access that I would be able to start playing a few days earlier, so I signed up. Also after reading the benefits of OA I think I will keep it. Not to mention its only $5 a month, cant beat that. Now my real question is since I had bought the game before I got OA, will I still be able to play early or do I really have to refund then rebuy. I really dont have the money to rebuy as soon as I refund as I already spent the $130ish. Anyone got any input?

Message 1 of 3 (579 Views)

Re: BF1 Early play

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Ultimate gives you two weeks early access to expansions and some extra Battlepacks, but you will be able to pre-load on the 15th and play on 17th like with the Deluxe version, so you will get earlier access than people with the non wallet gouging version. I went for the slightly less money grabbing deluxe version that I'll force my employees to scrub the floor to justify, but then probably tell them to go home early and get some sleep so I can play BF1 and they can work and earn themselves some money, while I lose it instead. YAY

Some EA dude might be able to tell you if 17th is North American time or GMT or whatever, if and when they ever venture onto the forum.

*Forget what I said about release time, they finally added a local time descriptor to the release date. So it's likely 17th in your local time. The wonders of utilising the local time value found on every operating system and a simple bit of script to access it will never cease to amaze me for about 0.5 of a second. Next Microsoft will publish a helpful help article on it's support page that actually contains information, even read the customer feedback perhaps.

I hoping it's worth prostituting myself for as I'm not sure yet if I'll make a very good prostitute, most men just run and scream when I show them my legs and women scream and beat me about the head.

I got Ultimate, then read fine print, cancelled got Deluxe. I think I can live without two weeks early access to expansions and 14 Battlepacks I'll probably never open until a couple years later.

I got that Access * too and I'm wandering about the value, I'm not really getting much from it. But I've spent more on really crappy meals at cafes where the owners either don't give a toss or just don't have a clue. Mind you I'm wondering if the early access won't be plagued by bugs and need updates that will render it non-early access, though the beta seemed to work OK minus the usual balance issues which seemed better than Battlefront Nerf Warts (though that started off better balanced and progressively got worse).

If it's not plagued with bugs and is half enjoyable I'll be happy. I don't expect 10 out of 10 like most kids, but I expect 8 out of 10. I really don't like less than 8 out of 10 (so I shouldn't have pre-ordered), unless it's got an alien that rips your face off or I can play with poo or pee on myself. Or maybe some other nerdy fantasy. But like I was really bored man and would of had to spend the money on bills or give it to the government, and man have already paid my fair share of tax and contributed to the community, it's about time I gave myself a break and my employees virtually less money and a theoretical kick up the bum, damn I'm already second guessing myself.  I got to go help my workers clean up, adios mfs.

Message 2 of 3 (560 Views)

Re: BF1 Early play

Community Manager

@Th3bigM00se Hey, hopefully I can clarify some things.If you have OA you can play the trial, in fact you might be able to start downloading now. 

This is independent of your game purchase, you can keep this then just play when the Early Enlister/Ultimate Edition players can start. This is of course assuming you use up the 10 hours for the trial.

You may have to patch but you won't need to reinstall, too. 

@AnthraxPants Just to add to your post, the Ultimate Edition comes with the Premium Pass, which includes purchases of the Expansions, said expansions being released 2 weeks early.

The Deluxe Edition doesn't come with these expansions, and should one choose to purchase them, they're available 2 weeks later than those acquired via Premium.

If you do encounter any bugs or issues during the trial period please let us know so we can pass them on to the studio. 

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 3 (531 Views)