Re: BF V wont start due to "GPU Requirements"

by L1qry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF V wont start due to "GPU Requirements"

★★ Novice

BF V says my GPU dont support Directx 11 and cant boot. even thou I have been able to start it several times. 

I got a Nvidia 1060 6 gb. Intel i7 and 16 gb ram.  Brand new lenovo computer. Played throuh Nordlys but now it wont start. It was very expensive, fix this.

Message 1 of 6 (435 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Yo Blueberry!

Thx for reply,  I solved the issue. And the issue actually was gforce experience!  Had to manually download the latest notebook drivers instead of the drivers experience downloaded for me which did something weird, dont know for sure but I think that experience might not recognise that u need specific notebook drivers and just gave me the 1060 gtx latest drivers. 

Anyway, seems to work now, hope it continues to do it!

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (402 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @SleepySniper90

Do you have the GeForce Experience installed? You can opt in to have your graphics card used for specific games. It sounds like there's a possibility your computer is reverting to the onboard chip which is why it's not meeting GPU requirements.

Even if it's a brand new computer they can sit in a warehouse for a while. Make sure you have the latest drivers for Windows and your graphics card. The GeForce experience will automatically update your drivers.

Make sure you have the latest Windows 10 October update too! More info in the link below.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/162109/dxr-how-to-enable-on-pc-known-issues

Good luck! 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (420 Views)

★★ Novice

Yo Blueberry!

Thx for reply,  I solved the issue. And the issue actually was gforce experience!  Had to manually download the latest notebook drivers instead of the drivers experience downloaded for me which did something weird, dont know for sure but I think that experience might not recognise that u need specific notebook drivers and just gave me the 1060 gtx latest drivers. 

Anyway, seems to work now, hope it continues to do it!

Message 3 of 6 (403 Views)

★★ Novice

For any1 Reading this after with same problem. The problem persisted with crashing drivers and notebook ending up not recognising my main GPU and going for the integrated one instead. I instead updated the integrated drivers to the latest and now i have had several gaming sessions and geforce experience installed and it works fine. Still not 100 % sure its solved but it seems to be working fine for the moment.  The issue Before I Think is that when i tabbed down it started to work with the integrated card instead but still BF going and that kinda ends up being alot for a poor old intel gpu.  Hope this helps someone else!

Message 4 of 6 (350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue and had to reinstall my drives for the GPU to be able to start the game again.

I got the tip to enable directx 12 ingame and now it seems to start as it should even after a crash.

So follow this guide and atleast enable the DX12 (DXR optional I guess)

1. Install the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (RS5)
    Windows 10 will automatically download the October 2018 Update on your computer if you've turned on automatic updates in Windows Update settings. When the update is ready, you'll be asked to pick a time to install it. After it's installed, your computer will be running Windows 10, version 1809. If you want to install the update now, select Start Menu -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. If updates are available, install them.
  2. Enable DX12 & DXR in Battlefield V
    To enable Ray Tracing in Battlefield V, go to VIDEO -> ADVANCED to enable DX12 and DXR in the game
Message 5 of 6 (335 Views)

★★★ Newbie
あいうえお
Message 6 of 6 (290 Views)