Re: BF V sniper challenges force us to camp

by Real_Noobalishus

Original Post

BF V sniper challenges force us to camp

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

I would like to point out that the sniper's challenges to unlock gold parts are pretty bad. Not because they are difficult, but because the fact that we have to stay PRONE and do 10 headshots in 1 life is forcing us to camp.

It would be ways better to have the same challenge without beeing forced to stay prone, especially if we didn't pick the specific gun's skills for this "play style" (if we can call beeing a noob a play style)... I really don't understand why you force people to do this? In BF a good sniper is a sniper who move and play the objectives...

Thanks for reading, I hope you'll change this.

Rainoxer

Message 1 of 12 (855 Views)

★★★★ Pro

While this is a game I believe DICE is trying to maintain a remote sense of realism. A snipers main role is to do perform reconnaissance and if needed, neutralize targets from range. While this may not be everyone's playstyle in the game, this is the primary role of recon in the real world

Message 2 of 12 (815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I agree, but Battlefield is not a realistic game at all... And you are confounding to have fun in a game vs to work irl.

And to be clear : snipers who camp in BF are total noobs and useless to their team!

Message 3 of 12 (799 Views)

Champion

IMHO, sniper challenges should be relatively easier to accomplish, and some of the servers should have a sniper cap. I wager that sniper capped servers will be more popular than their non-capped counterparts. #SniperCap

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 4 of 12 (778 Views)

★ Novice
I don’t like them either but I don’t think this will change the way alot of people play the recon class.

If you don’t like this playstyle it sucks you need to do this.

I always liked playing a more aggresive recon in other BF titles but can’t seem to get it working in this one most of the time. Good thing I don’t like gold skins so I won’t have to do these assignments.
Message 5 of 12 (746 Views)

Champion

@rmanl People won't change their play style with the recon class with almost anything that's done, so the better option is to place a sniper cap. This doesn't mean that it should be on all servers. The cap would still be at a "generous" count of 8 snipers. Only 8 snipers (or a quarter of the team) will be able to camp out in the back and snipe without PTFO. That's my take on how it should be anyway.

I don't work for EA.

Message 6 of 12 (744 Views)

★★ Novice

Sniper cap is *, because it's based on the problem that most people are noobs who don't play aggressive with sniper, or don't change class depending of the situation. This is not a solution.

Message 7 of 12 (740 Views)

Champion

@Rainoxer I say institute a sniper cap on some servers, and institute no sniper cap on some servers that are ranked and have relatively higher levels. You can still have unrestricted servers. In any case, we can test and see which servers will be more popular. The thing is that newer players saturate servers and often choose the sniper class. Yes, a sniper cap negatively affects more experienced and aggressive snipers, but that's why I advocate uncapped servers and a modest sniper cap count of 8. Even if that count is at half the server population, that's literally better than nothing because I all too often see teams with over 50% snipers. In other words, a sniper stacked team doesn't win games and it negatively affects everyone else. Even IRL we see a small sniper count because front line infantry is more effective at capturing points - there's a very pragmatic reason to limit sniper numbers.

I don't work for EA.

Message 8 of 12 (727 Views)

★ Novice

Im not a fan of capping anything, maybe dont reward people who never see an objective in a game.

I dont know how to fix it, its always been like this as far as I can remember from other titles.

Recon is still my second most used class but I switched to others because I cant play it like I want and now hardly use it.

I loved aggresive recon ;(

Message 9 of 12 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@rmanl The thing is, we already cap a whole lot of things such as vehicles, ammo count, and there's also attrition added and I argue that it's to the benefit of the overall gaming experience to everyone (some exceptions are if you play air combat mode or all out tank warfare). My suggestion is to simply do an experiment: have a third of the servers be capped to only allow a quarter of the team as snipers (and/or up to half the team; these cap numbers are sufficient IMHO), a third that's completely unrestricted like it is now, and have the last third unrestricted only for those ranked "high enough" (e.g. level 40+). Test out which servers are favored by the community the most, and which works the best. 

I don't work for EA.

Message 10 of 12 (723 Views)