Re: BAP Issues

by jprovo1

Original Post

Community Manager

@jprovo1 

Unfortunately, I don't have an official listing of what the sliders do. They are relatively self-explanatory so if you have specific sliders you need more details on, let me know which ones and I'll see what I can do.

Aljo.png
Message 31 of 41 (455 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

ok as far as the sliders go, I know some are self explanatory like say back skating. it says "how much speed a player loses when back skating. the lower the value the slower players will skate backwards compared to how fast they skate forwards. at the highest setting, back skate is the same as your regular skating speed.". ok I get that but the ones like fatigue effect which only says this will adjust the effect that being tired has on a player performance and fatigue recovery which only says the speed that players will recover from being tired. ok so do you raise the sliders to not get tired quicker or do you lower it. do you raise the recovery to gain energy quicker or lower it? things like that. reason being is that some like puck control says "how easy it is to make a player lose possession of the puck when you check him. the higher the value, the more control players will have with the puck." compared to deking impact which says "how likely deking is to make you lose the puck. the higher the value, the easier it will be to lose the puck when deking." one is up for more control but the other is down for more control. that is what is confusing to me on some of the sliders. and a big one for me is poke check. it says poke check accuracy "how accurate a player will be at poke checking". I have the cpu at 0/100 and human at 100/100 and the cpu team poke checks more than my entire team in a game. it's like they never miss. I understand that the player stick check attribute has something to do with it but geez. if a player has 100 stick check and I put the slider to 0 then he should have only a 50 rating (or what ever 50 would be on the slider) right? or am I misunderstanding the sliders. if you want all the sliders that I want help on let me know. thanks for any help. and again sorry to make this thread about sliders.

Message 32 of 41 (431 Views)

Community Manager

@jprovo1 

For fatigue, the more you raise it, the higher the fatigue effect. This means the higher it is, the more a player's performance is affected by fatigue.

For fatigue recovery, raising this means they will recover from fatigue faster.

The poke checking slider raises and lowers the accuracy of poke checks. Pokes also take into account the angle you're at as well as the speed of the puck. There's more error when the puck is moving faster.

I can understand the descriptions can be a bit confusing. You make a good point with the puck control and deking sliders. It makes sense that raising the deking slider would raise the chances of keeping the puck, but that's not the case. Thanks for the feedback on this.

Aljo.png
Message 33 of 41 (398 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo is it possible to get an explanation of how the chemistry system works? i've seen that a lot of players are unsure about how it works, and i am also unsure how it works/affects the players.

for example, 1st line has 85PWF, 88PLY, 84SNP for a +5
now we change the players on 1st line to 88PWF, 90TWF, 87TWF for -1
of course many factors come into play, but essentially what is better?
the +5 with lower overalls, or the -1 with higher overalls?

will it affect their growth (if still growing) ?

same goes for PP/PK/3man PK, etc

its very hard to get ANY players to fit on the 3man pk, no matter the scheme. it's almost always a -3,-1 or if we're lucky, a +0

Message 34 of 41 (376 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo can you please have someone checkout the Be A Pro main forum page (https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/265541/wishlist-for-be-a-pro-nhl-22#latest) please? A lot of people don't think ya'll look at that anymore. plus I'd like a comment on the camera view. thanks. I also understand the poke check angle and the puck moving but like I said the AI (other team) 95% of the time does not miss with a poke check no matter the angle or puck speed. they were literally behind and a little off to one side and still poke checked it away from me clean. I even was turning to the opposite direction that they were which brings me back to why I do not get tripped. all I'm saying is if he's going to do a poke check, weather initiated or not, the stick should not go through the legs. I've watched hockey and the legs can prevent a poke check. the player would have to really reach around to get to the puck. 
Message 35 of 41 (365 Views)

Community Manager

@jprovo1 

If you feel AI players are unfairly able to poke, please get some video of it. Otherwise, the best way to avoid being poked so much is to protect the puck better with stick handling/puck protect or by passing.

Aljo.png
Message 36 of 41 (359 Views)

Community Manager

@michaelwoods1995 

Scheme fit is the biggest contribution of chemistry. Followed by player type and then players in the correct position. To get chemistry as high as possible, match the scheme up as much as you can. Also, the teaching rating from the coach has an effect on player development.

Aljo.png
Message 37 of 41 (355 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo thanks for the reply.

i was primarily wondering about the differences between the two examples that i used, like what the effects the line chem has on productivity/attributes

will the 1st line with +5 with low overalls consistently outperform a 1st line with -1, +0, or +1, that has much higher overalls? does the chem affect their attributes via an in-game multiplier? does it just "add" the +1, +3 etc to their overalls? what does the line chemistry actually do, its never been explained, its just been an arbitrary number
Message 38 of 41 (346 Views)

Community Manager

@michaelwoods1995 

The +1, +3, etc, add to the overall. So, if you have 3, 87 overall players with +5 chemistry, they will play as if they are rated 92. If you have 3, 90+ players with no chemistry, they will only play as 90 rated players. So, lower overalls, plus chemistry, can make them out perform higher rated players with no chemistry.

Aljo.png
Message 39 of 41 (340 Views)

Community Manager

@michaelwoods1995 

This video also helps explain chemistry. It's from NHL 20, but still applies.

Aljo.png
Message 40 of 41 (337 Views)