Re: BAP Issues

by jprovo1

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT2w3_NiQGw

This is what pisses me off. I understand the 'phase' thing going through the legs WHEN NOT GOING FOR THE PUCK. if he is even going to attempt to go for the puck, with a poke check or not or any type of action going for the puck, and he sweeps my legs, it should be tripping. once he touched the puck and then went through my legs I should have been tripped. You know, I wouldn't care that much (but some) if they didn't call the penalty all the time but not even get tripped and have the puck stolen like that is killing me.

Message 21 of 41 (425 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auVfKescDpA

I never even touched his skates. and before anyone says anything, I did not hit my poke check until my stick was passed his skates

Message 22 of 41 (422 Views)

Community Manager

@jprovo1 

In order to trip a player, they have to be carrying the puck. In your video, a poke doesn't happen until the puck has been knocked loose. That won't cause a trip since no one is in possession of it. Had they tried to poke when the puck was in possession and their stick hit the player's skates or leg, a trip would have been called.

Aljo.png
Message 23 of 41 (420 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@jprovo1 

In the second video, the poke was initiated while you were pivoting. Your stick passed through their leg at that time which is why a trip was called.

Aljo.png
Message 24 of 41 (418 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@TTZ_Dipsy wrote:

I see a few things here - In the first video it looks like the guy got lucky with the initial movement of the stick and let go of R1 -- Since he was not actively pokechecking according to the game, his stick is allowed to phase through your skates to prevent physics based issues.

what's the use. I already said that I DID NOT initiate the poke check until AFTER I was clear of his legs. and according to the quote above (from one of my first videos) I can do that (that was an AI player by the way). Is that not true? To be honest and I'm not sure of anyone else, but it seems all I'm getting are excuses. The AI can do this stuff but the player can't. It seems that the game is geared to give the AI the advantage when it should be the player who gets the advantage. I don't care how good you are, no one can out think a computer. the human will always react slower than the AI. so I'm done, no more videos.

Message 25 of 41 (404 Views)

Community Manager

@jprovo1 

I'm not entirely sure exactly which video you're talking about. Regardless, if you couldn't outthink the computer, you'd never win any games against them. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you have been winning games against them. The AI players play by the same rules as everyone else. Yes, they can make more precise moves and they tend to be better than most humans at moving the puck quickly, but they are bound by the same rules and mechanics as human-controlled players.

Aljo.png
Message 26 of 41 (382 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo wrote:

Yes, they can make more precise moves and they tend to be better than most humans at moving the puck quickly, but they are bound by the same rules and mechanics as human-controlled players.

Then they should be called for the blatant holding/interference/obstruction a.k.a. "body/stick tie-up" they're allowed to do for days in front of the net when there's no puck around or when a pass is made to the covered guy, or when they check a guy after the puck is gone during a "board-bank self-pass".  The CPU is allowed to grab guys, in front of the net or at the boards, from miles away and while they're in motion, while they player can't (especially with the motion caveat), and compared to actual NHL hockey, these are illegal moves.  Yeah, in the NHL, sometimes the zebras "swallow the whistle", but these infractions are never called in-game.

I've said in other threads, there's a certain amount of "cheat" we just have to let slide, because there is no true AI here, and difficulty has to get increased somehow, but just pointing out that your quote here is 100% untrue.

Message 27 of 41 (378 Views)

Community Manager

@davehoehn970 

Human-controlled players can also tie up opponents. Regardless, we're aware there are times a penalty would most likely be called. However, there are times they wouldn't as a player can block an opposing player without actually using their hands in a holding manner. You can block the path of a player as long as you are in front of them and moving in the same direction. They can also use their stick to tie up a player as long as they have the previously mentioned positioning. I definitely understand it's not exactly perfect in the game. The dev team is aware of this and would like to see it improved, but it's also a lot more complex than realized here. You're definitely welcome to provide some video for review.

Aljo.png
Message 28 of 41 (374 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

It's not perfect... far from it, actually, however I also don't personally care (seems like OP does).  As mentioned, we just have to "let slide" some amount of imperfection. I was just pointing out that your statement was objectively false, no matter how much you want to hand-wave it. We don't need to go back and forth over it.

Message 29 of 41 (370 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo wrote:

@jprovo1 

I'm not entirely sure exactly which video you're talking about. Regardless, if you couldn't outthink the computer, you'd never win any games against them. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you have been winning games against them. The AI players play by the same rules as everyone else. Yes, they can make more precise moves and they tend to be better than most humans at moving the puck quickly, but they are bound by the same rules and mechanics as human-controlled players.

Unless I adjust the sliders to give me a great advantage, I do not win 90% of the games and when I do win it's usually my AI teammates (mostly when I'm off ice) who score. I had a shot total of over 75 and did not score a goal and that's most games and that is when I adjusted the sliders in my favor. it's like the goalie turns into a super goalie when I have the puck. I will admit I am not that good in deking so I have to rely on speed and maneuverability to get by so that is why I get so frustrated when they steal the puck like they do. the videos I'm posting are with adjusted sliders from the main forum to get more realistic stats. I don't want to win every game, that is unrealistic to but geez the Be A Pro is supposed to be the player is the next great player. If I screw up then that's on me and I know everyone has off days in the NHL. and maybe you can have someone answer me on the main forum about the game sliders (https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/270322/explanation-of-game-sliders#latest). I would appreciate that.

Message 30 of 41 (363 Views)