Re: BAP Issues

by jprovo1

Original Post

BAP Issues

★★★★★ Novice

Not sure where to put this, but here is a list of issues I've encountered, most seem like they should be easy fixes.

1.) Being able to view team/line strategies, as well as the coaches adjustments to them in-game.

2.) AI teammate defense actually checking their man, especially in the low slot/backdoor. The opposition AI does it nearly flawlessly on superstar, why can't my team's AI do it on an even semi regular basis?

3.) -7 team play for being offside? Really? Equating it to taking a penalty? The developers obviously don't realize that players in real life will take an offside intentionally to avoid giving up a chance going the other way. Kinda sucks when you're controlling play in the zone, and the puck comes just outside and AI brings it back in, as well as when your teammate does a toe drag at the line to put you offside. That should be a 1 at the very most.

4.) AI teammate decisions still need improvement. 99% of the time, if my AI is rushing the puck, they'll try some non-sensical deke, and give up the puck at the opposing blueline. Also, I'm still not getting backdoor passes on odd man rushes, even if I'm wide open for a tap in.

5.) The breakout decisions are horrendous. I'll be wide open on the wall between the hashmarks and blueline with a clear path ahead, and the AI turns back behind the net directly into pressure, usually leading to a bang-bang play from the opposing team. Same thing with being on the weak side wing, I'll start slanting up the middle, be open for the easy breakout pass, and again, they turn right back into pressure.

6.) On the AI checking note, can we please have our defense maybe make a stick check while defending the rush instead of letting them skate directly beside them to the net for a goal? Killing my +/-.

7.) Shift start positions... majority of the time it's fine, but  sometimes, it'll be a change on the fly, but somehow I'm down in the opposition's zone when the puck is in my own zone... the f is that?

8.) I also never get to start a powerplay, even being on the first unit. Never been on the ice on a 5-on-3 powerplay either through the first 40 games. 

9.) And how do you get line score for the PK? I'll have a solid A+ defensive game, yet get -250 or worse on PK score (which I've never been on). 

10.) My primary position is C, secondary is RW. Why am I stuck on LW?

11.) I'm extremely disappointed that playing full seasons in junior pre-draft got taken out. Half the fun of the mode was working your way up through junior, and progressing to be the #1 overall draft pick, instead of being handed it. Every single NHL player has had to work hard for what they have, and this is a step back in terms of user experience. This is 100% bs EA.

I'm sure there's more.

Message 1 of 41 (1,813 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Chickenspear93 You’re not the only one frustrated with this pathetic god awful game mode. Sad part is, it’s supposedly working as they envisioned it and they know better than us and know what we want. Even though this game mode is a pathetic half fleshed out “revamp” that’s worthless especially since they took out the junior seasons. That’s the whole point of it.
Message 2 of 41 (1,785 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You are exactly right. I have the same issues with your numbers 2,3,4,5,6,10, and 11. I also have an issue with the game sliders. since we only control 1 player the sliders that say 'HUMAN' should be for your HUMAN CONTROLLED player only, not the entire team. if I up shot power then my AI teammates should not get the increase. Either that or get rid of the sliders all together and go strictly by the players attributes. 

Message 3 of 41 (1,682 Views)

★★★ Novice

That PK line score. I'm blaming it on my inability to ever get cover the point points. I get burned every time I'm not out there and they score, but never get credit though I'm all over the point man. 

Message 4 of 41 (1,660 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Does anyone from the developers even read these?! I'm getting sick of this game and the lopsided AI. The computer team plays the way it supposed to like passing to an open man ect but my AI teammates suck. They won't pass to an open guy, they'll hold the puck and get it taken, and will stand there and let the other team shoot. The challenges suck to. This last game I had to 'up the pressure'. I had more shots, passes, and forechecks and was in the green on all my coaches eval (didn't even have a point) but still lost the game due to the above stupid AI. I was even in the offensive zone more but I lost the challenge cause I got scored on cause my AI just stood there. Then Ray even said I didn't play that good. WTH. I wish I knew how to send video to the developers cause I'm about ready to not buy another game.

Message 5 of 41 (1,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@jprovo1 

The best way to get video to us is to use your console's built-in game DVR and post it to YouTube. Then, provide a link to it here.

Developers see this forum and are aware of the posts. We also report issues to them.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 41 (1,636 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't mean to sound hateful but it is frustrating. The BAP has had a good upgrade gut the game play still is frustrating.

Message 7 of 41 (1,621 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO7QnNPIza0

I was finally able to figure out how to upload a video. please let me know if you can access it. this is a AI non tripping call and you can clearly see that I should have been tripped. His stick went right through my legs. I'll get you more on the above issues but this is a start. again let me know if you can access the video. thanks

Message 8 of 41 (1,594 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBK0ODbRv5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OymZlINlc6I

here are 2 more videos of the AI teammate being stupid. The first you can clearly see that he saw me open but decided to shoot which was stupid. the second confirms that the AI teammates play like rookies by not passing up when your about to get blasted and then turn the puck over. by the way I have this on all star.

Message 9 of 41 (1,572 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo If the developers see these posts etc, then why are the most basic issues not being remedied? Do they just not give a f? Who the hell is overseeing the game development and saying "yup, this is fine."? I don't have a background in software/gaming, but surely there's gotta be someone who can tell the developers that this in an unacceptable product, especially at that pricepoint.
Message 10 of 41 (1,562 Views)