Are you kidding me

by jonfunk247

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Are you kidding me

★★ Novice

What kind of game puts you against teams that are maxed out when you just start playing

Message 1 of 11 (826 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Are you kidding me

★★★★★ Guide

unit level cap for gold is level 9. Your matchmaker is not based on level, it is based on medal count. So the game thinks your army should be level's 7-9. 

To pit it simply; you liked the game too much, and played too much. You artificially inflated your medal count by consistently playing well in the lower brackets and out-paced your in-game rewards. 

Rivals is balanced around 10 matches a day. This is why it stops rewarding you after this point. (Not saying it's a good thing! Just saying how it is!)

Slow down, play your bounties and your levels will eventually catch up with your medals, or play the * out of the game and expect every match to be david vs goliath. I did the same thing as you, and got into tib the hard way; as fast as I could. I have regretted it immensely. But the one good thing about playing uptiered like that is it teaches you the core game mechanics: proper counters rather than trades. 

Your choice on how to proceed.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (673 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

That's probably a pre-release player and it would have been a Challenge match for yourself.  You wouldn't have lost any Medals with that lost.

That League's rules allows up to level 9 units (capping them to level 9 if their units are higher than that).  Therefore, the match was fine.  You were probably the unfortunate player who was the only one available at the time for him/her to go up against.

Move on.

Message 2 of 11 (807 Views)

★★ Novice
Challenge match lmfao. More like slaughter. His infantry can kill my elite unit
Message 3 of 11 (788 Views)

★★ Novice
And this happens 3 out of 4 times i fight so its not random.
Message 4 of 11 (785 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

If you are saying that it happens that often in Gold League, then I can only really come up with two reasons:

1. You have gone up against new players who have decided to buy their way into levelling themselves up to get more advanced units than you along with having a level advantage

2. There are still a whole heap of pre-release players who are not that good, and find themselves stuck in the Gold League, not being able to advance much further or at a very slow pace

Message 5 of 11 (774 Views)

★★ Novice
I hear you but the only way to enjoy the game then would be to be forced to spend money. If at this low of a level... 14 vs lv 44 and up players is insane. Where is the balance
Message 6 of 11 (771 Views)

★★ Novice
Mammoth tank smamming. Next player ion cannon spamming. Next 10 players lv 9 max. Tell me how the * u keep people playing.
Message 7 of 11 (750 Views)

★★ Novice
This game is for * how do you keep players lol
Message 8 of 11 (747 Views)

★★★★ Guide

hallow promises 

Message 9 of 11 (686 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

unit level cap for gold is level 9. Your matchmaker is not based on level, it is based on medal count. So the game thinks your army should be level's 7-9. 

To pit it simply; you liked the game too much, and played too much. You artificially inflated your medal count by consistently playing well in the lower brackets and out-paced your in-game rewards. 

Rivals is balanced around 10 matches a day. This is why it stops rewarding you after this point. (Not saying it's a good thing! Just saying how it is!)

Slow down, play your bounties and your levels will eventually catch up with your medals, or play the * out of the game and expect every match to be david vs goliath. I did the same thing as you, and got into tib the hard way; as fast as I could. I have regretted it immensely. But the one good thing about playing uptiered like that is it teaches you the core game mechanics: proper counters rather than trades. 

Your choice on how to proceed.

Message 10 of 11 (674 Views)