Are you guys going to fix your nerfing algorithm for multiplayer?

by TriaxTerror

Original Post

Are you guys going to fix your nerfing algorithm for multiplayer?

★★★ Newbie

If you would calculate the objective nerf (the one you use to make accomplishing the weekly objectives harder) before you calculate the team experience nerf (the one you use to try and make the matches more fair), it might make the game a little more playable. At this point, it is just not fun anymore. At level 130, my weapons do significantly less damage and in some cases just don't work. My bayonet charges bounce off a stationary enemy, my sniper shots frequently do no damage at all. I have shot an enemy lying on the ground from 20 feet with an artillery truck and done no damage (but that enemy was then able to destroy my artillery truck with two grenades). I have recorded these things just to make sure I wasn't missing something and I am not. It is clear that you guys are doing this and while it might make the game easier for new players, it makes the game frustrating for loyal players. If you guys need some help fixing this, let me know. I develop software for a living and am pretty sure I could help you tweak your algorithm to make the matches more even without unfairly nerfing experienced players.

Message 1 of 5 (420 Views)

Re: Are you guys going to fix your nerfing algorithm for multiplayer?

Champion (Retired)
Can we see the evidence?
Message 2 of 5 (411 Views)

★ Guide

Dude, you can't be serious with this. Half of the things u've named are known bugs. Just wait for the January update 30th January.
DICE would never do something that would harm the players. At least not intentionally.

Message 3 of 5 (398 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Could you show that evidence? As a fellow 130, I have not experienced a single thing from that list, and most of them simply don't add up from pure data perspective - there is no "nerf for lvl 130's", at most you might've experienced some sort of a bug.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 4 of 5 (365 Views)

Community Manager

@TriaxTerror As mentioned, there's no nerf for high levels, and it sounds like you've encountered some bugs. 

Please be sure to post any evidence of bugs on the bug report board. We recently had a patch that rebalanced the gunplay, so we will of course be keeping an eye open for unexpected changes. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/battlefield-1-bug-reports-en

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (347 Views)