Are mods allowed?

by matesiro1

Original Post

Highlighted

Are mods allowed?

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I have a question about FIFA 20. Is modding the game for playing offline allowed (kits, faces, boots, add icon players)? I know it's not allowed online for obvious reasons, and that it's not supported because mods are not oficial EA products, but am I doing something wrong or illegal if I mod the game? What Is the current policy of EA regarding this? 

Ps: Sorry if the question has already been asked, but I couldn't find an answer for FIFA 20.

Message 1 of 2 (13,176 Views)

Re: Are mods allowed?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@matesiro1mods are (almost) always from 3rd parties, and short for modifications Because it is from a 3rd party it is at your own risk, and is definitely not supported as EA don't support any mods, nor are the mods in any official agreement with EA,

You could look at it like...If you buy a burger from somewhere and put a different sauce on it, is the company that made your burger gonna be ok with that? Short answer is no.

Or if you bought a painting and decided to get someone else to paint a moustache on top of it. Again, whoever made the painting will not support the moustache as there was no consent to adding this detail (or mod).

If you are offline you can do what you want, if you are online your addition(s) won't be respected/tolerated within the community as you have violated agreements... this sounds all very formal but to be clear you may have broken/changed the product, how can you then expect to give feedback on it over issues and concerns or ask them to fix it if it breaks? you will have certainly changed it in some way without consent so would expect to get negative support from the original manufacturer.

I'm not sure what the actual policy is in detail, i think it is because it is a competitive game, then.. no mods allowed - account ban if caught.

The flip side is you can create a mod which creates a better game. So then EA might want you to be be a part of their team, unlikely, or they ban you and take/use your idea and do whatever with it as it has no legal authorization.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (13,125 Views)