Re: Are aircraft units too weak in this game?

by WADofFORCE

Original Post

Are aircraft units too weak in this game?

★★★★ Pro

When I scroll through my match history, I don't see many people using aircraft at all. There is the odd Orca or Banshee or what-have-you, but overall you see pretty little of them. I am currently in Platinum League, but I don't think that this was any better in Gold, Silver, or Bronze League.

I think the problem here is that we have an abundance of units that are strong against aircraft. You don't really have to take into consideration how to build a deck that contains anti-aircraft units - you get them automatically "for free", since there are so many units in this game which are strong against vehicles AND aircraft, or against infantry AND aircraft.

Therefore, I would like to suggest a slight nerf to these units:

While a Confessor or Wolverine or what-have-you could still be able to target air units, they should not necessarily be also STRONG against them.

If there are fewer units that can very easily shoot down an aircraft within two seconds, then using aircraft would be more attractive.

Ideally, I would love to see people going to battle with two infantry units, two vehicle units, and two aircraft units in their deck. To me, it would make a lot of sense if more people included units from every branch of service in their decks.

What do you think about this?

Message 1 of 7 (667 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Those marked strong vs aircraft aren't always strong vs aircraft that are also strong vs them. Many lose in a bi-counter relationship. i.e. Orca kill all light vehicles in one round, 1lv higher Banshee one-shot a bike

Though it's true  that anti-air vehicles are strong vs anti-infantry aircraft. One exception will be inferno vs bikes because splash damage kills 3 bikes simultaneously.

Message 2 of 7 (628 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well if you ask me all air crafts are fine but I am a bit concern that NOD aircraft are stronger than GDI....it seems very unbalance I mean banshee can hit vehicles and infantry while GDI aircrafts are built for attacking Infantry only and have low health. in NOD there are many varieties in light weighted aircraft for GDI u have to go for high tech units to create devastating air units

Message 3 of 7 (607 Views)

★ Guide

Gdi Orca isn't infantry only, so not sure why you think all GDI aircraft are infantry only?

Message 4 of 7 (588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I guess he means Talon has too low health? A single maloperation can doom them. But they are cheap, Talon can almost win (win if slightly higher lv) Banshee in solo but costs only half of a Banshee.

Message 5 of 7 (579 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
aircraft are in a decent position for the most part. They trade HP for maneuverability for the most part. The thing about air units right now is simply there is a lack of options. If you go war factory, you can choose from 4-5+ solid units. With the helipad... you have only 1 or 2 solid choices and a couple situational at best choices. But that's my take.
Message 6 of 7 (533 Views)

★★★★ Guide
ya with my gdi i have no flying bc there isnt anything that good
but with nod i do so ya
Message 7 of 7 (525 Views)