Arcade Mode is not what was wanted. Full game against BOTS is what is wanted.

by KulasDevorn

Original Post

Re: Arcade Mode is not what was wanted.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The other day a DICE employee mentioned adding this....if there is a demand for it, or what they call "community feedback". Which, clearly there is if you read these forums (and posts from the Beta forums that are gone now) and watch some Youtube video's discussing it. It is obvious there is a disconnect between DICE and its consumers, other wise they wouldn't even have to say "if", because they would already know that people want it.

Read the article: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/star-wars-battlefront-ii-may-get-a-conquest-mode-after-all/

After having the game now, Arcade mode is confirmed to NOT be what we wanted. Its not theENTIRE multiplayer game with bots like we wanted. It's a glorified challenge or time challenge mode, like the garbage they put in the Batman Arkham games that I have no desire to play, ever. That's all. And, you can't play it with someone online, it's split-screen only. So, for me, it has zero value. The only people I would know who have this game live far away, as in other states. 

Message 11 of 81 (1,989 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for posting this.  I couldn't have said it better - I know because I've tried.  This aspect of the game was almost the entire reason I bought the game - I'm also curious to see the campaign.  Like you, I have little desire to get repeatedly killed in a multiplayer format.  I simply want to enjoy the Battlefront 2 experience.  But, like you, I am really disappointed in what we have for the arcade mode.  All that I wanted was a complete co-op experience for offline gaming with the ability to connect with my friends online (couch co-op doesn't work when you don't live near your friends).

I sincerely hope that EA/DICE listen to these comments and take action to add a more complete offline experience for us.  As you said, this arcade mode is NOT what we wanted!

Message 12 of 81 (1,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

We need to keep this thread alive to prove to the DICE folks that we want the Conquest mode. 

They said they would listen to feedback and add it if there is desire for it, even though there has already been much feedback about wanting Conquest mode since the other new SWBF was announced. 

Imo, they really aren't listening. They are just saying they are to keep the "peace". If they were listening, they would reply. 

As it is right now. I played through the entire Campaign last night and got all those Trophies. I tried the "Arcade mode" garbage and hated it. It;s just boring time challenges, not what we wanted (like my threat title says) I tried the multiplayer, and as usual, the more skilled people hog the hero's and by the time I get enough to buy one the match is over or nearly over. (this is why I want to play the multiplayer game against bots!!!!!!!!!!! So I can ENJOY the game I paid for) Now, sadly the game will collect dust unless Conquest is added or until they add more to the Campaign.

I really had hopes for this game, but that all died. I would give real money for a DICE person to reply or speak about this with people. 

Message 13 of 81 (1,957 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Why doesn't this game have slip screen Walker assault and star fighter assault???  MY kids play against each other!!!  It is absolutely stupid that we can't play those modes off line.  The game is great but all the features should be available in arcade mode.  

Message 14 of 81 (1,953 Views)

★★ Guide

Please add XP to all coments on this and other threads complaining about offline modes in order to raise the profile of this issue to others and EA. Lets get some momentum behind this!!!!

Message 15 of 81 (1,924 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I know it's difficult. but speak with your wallets, guys. That's the only thing this company understands. I was waiting to purchase it tomorrow, but will only redbox now. I wish such as storied franchise like Star Wars could be in better hands... something like CD Projekt Red, one of the most honorable companies I've seen in years. EA may also be a reflection of Disney's business model as well...

Message 16 of 81 (1,899 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Watch this video from gamespot. They talk about how much of a disaster this game is and how EA is predatory on another level.

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/star-wars-battlefront-2-is-an-ea-disaster-the-lobb/2300-6441883/

Message 17 of 81 (1,889 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I do love Arcade mode, but I do find it discouraging that we don't get to play the heros we want through all the tiers. I was so happy to be able to play as Vader and Luke right off in Tier I but bummed when they weren't options in the next Tiers. The timed challenges are stressful too, espeically when you get 20 seconds to make 30 kills in Tier III. :o I get it, it's a challenge, and hopefully I'll get good enough to accomplish it, but I do overall agree that this aspect of the game needs tweaking. I see it as a bit of a more casual mode, where we can enjoy the aspects of SWBF2 that make it great in a less tense setting. 

Message 18 of 81 (1,879 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Another Terrible review from Ars Technica. Thier verdict? Avoid.... I hope someone at Disney wakes up and gives the rights to Star Wars video games over to a developer that actually cares about fans... and that is motivated by something other than money.... 

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/11/star-wars-battlefront-ii-review-nope-nope-nope-nope-nope-nope...

Message 19 of 81 (1,853 Views)

★ Apprentice

Since multiplayer is ruined by the 80 version of the game and micros already sold. offline multiplayer against bots. That one feature would justify me reordering the game.

Message 20 of 81 (1,835 Views)