Approval to start - Click and GO

by Major-Band1t

Original Post

Approval to start - Click and GO

Champion

New Idea for the Devs. Say a match is short a player, 3-6 or 4-5 and the minimum even sides is not met.  

What if you allow the players to click a Go box, if all agree to play with these conditions. 

Since there are many click boxes through out the lobbies, it should be easy to trial this on 1 mode, say Hero Star fighters.  If a team is 3-4 or 1v2 after 3 minutes, and all agree to play the round, let the clicks fly and start the round.. 

Please send up for review.

Thanks

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 1 of 7 (830 Views)

Re: Approval to start - Click and GO

Champion

Click and Go seems like a good idea and many times, players in HvV or Hero Starfighters would like to start but can't being 1 player short.

Sometimes it might be 2 players short, but waiting seems to make players who have little time to play, leave to do somethign else,

Instead of waiting for players, the Click and GO ( All agree to start at this uneven round) would have the option to start the timer and go. If other players do join in the match then all is well.

If not then the round can start. That feature is already there, : ( players enter the round during play if there are openings)

It makes the players less angry while waiting and keeps some progress going. Issue on another note is getting kicked for non-activity while waiting for slots to fill.

Lots of times, players in Hero SA, ask, how long is the wait to start?  With the rounds being so short, waiting is a bigger part of the mode than playing.

If uneven for 3-4 mins allow everyone to click OK and GO, Start the timer.

Thanks 

Message 2 of 7 (776 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Major-Band1t 

Yeah, I agree with you.

And I seriously think EA people should lower the number of the minimum required players.

Especially in some small game modes.

This change is far easier than the change HP of some objectives IMO. Wondering

It is no point to wait eternally in the lobby.

Message 3 of 7 (765 Views)

Champion

@Sati_Sati 

Agreed, all about getting the game going and having people stay and play. Wondering

Message 4 of 7 (747 Views)

Champion

Would be good to try out in Hero Star-Fighter as a beta..!  Police officer

Message 5 of 7 (725 Views)

Champion

Many games are running well at the moment, including the SA.  But would still like the opportunity.

After 3 mins, allow a click to all agree to start and let other players come in to the limits of the mode after the game starts.

Example, 12v12 could start 3 v 6 just to get started.  Bots are still int he game and no changes to the mode, but allow a start without waiting for others.

This would save the players leaving after it looks like the mode won't start and players exit to seek a new start.

Message 6 of 7 (695 Views)

Champion
Opportunity to place in the line of interest!
Message 7 of 7 (655 Views)