Apple silicon M1 iMac support

by OmniPat7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apple silicon M1 iMac support

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Will you soon release an Apple silicon M1 iMac version of SWGOH?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (47,835 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apple silicon M1 iMac support

Community Manager

Hey @OmniPat7 

I am not currently aware of a Mac version being released, SWGOH currently runs on Android and iOS operating systems. I would recommend keeping an eye on any announcements on our social media channels for any changes.

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (47,778 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @OmniPat7 

I am not currently aware of a Mac version being released, SWGOH currently runs on Android and iOS operating systems. I would recommend keeping an eye on any announcements on our social media channels for any changes.

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (47,779 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did the developer team tried it at least? Maybe they could check that box and let us play on our new M1 macs? Even if it’s not perfect. It would be better than nothing.

That would be greatly appreciated!

Please publish on the Mac AppStore for iOS games!

Message 3 of 7 (47,765 Views)

Community Manager
@OmniPat7 I am not aware of any plans, but I would be happy to share your feedback with the team!

Illium.png

Message 4 of 7 (47,742 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium Any news about this in regards to macOS 12 Monterey?

Message 5 of 7 (43,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Illium 

Please share my feedback with the team as well!  To my knowledge (I'm not a developer, so I'm not 100% confident), it should be as easy as checking a box to allow this to be played on Apple Silicon.  Obviously, they'd have to decide if they want to support that, which they likely don't, but why not allow it while not officially supporting it?  All sorts of people play on Android emulators, this isn't even an emulator.  It's purely taking advantage of the compatibility between macOS and iOS/iPadOS that Apple Silicon brings to the table.  If they wanted to take it a step further and fully support it, even better!

Message 6 of 7 (30,594 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium

MacOS Ventura 13 is here! Any update to let us play on our Macs? Screen Mirroring from iPhone is great, but obviously it's impossible to interact with the mouse.

Message 7 of 7 (13,863 Views)