Any tips for roses?

by KrazyTurtle21

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Any tips for roses?

★ Apprentice

Im currently rank 3018 and trying get to max rank. The big problem is Im not good with roses.

Im terrible with roses (none of them are close to master). I understand that roses are meant to be medium/long-range character, but I usaully find myself getting team by super brainz and foot soldiers.

(Those are the characters I uses to eliminate campers):eahigh_file:

I heard that nec'rose is a good character, I have to disagre its the least leveled character I have (lvl 3)Devil

Message 1 of 11 (1,262 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Any tips for roses?

★★★★★ Guide

@SonicMaster92  summed it up well! The homing upgrade is key. This upgrade takes rose from nothing to a great character.

On the road to this upgrade perhaps try leveling up Druid Rose first. She is the easiest and probably one of the best toxic characters in the game.

• The Arcane lotus ability will also give you 50hp to put her at 150. If you don't have this ability and see it in Rux check it out.y
  • Try getting into positions quickly at mid-range, vanquish one or two then relocate. If you do not have the homing upgrade you may have to use the zoom in feature to get hits so mid-range is essential, after upgrade just point and shoot.
  • Other game modes help as well. You could try Gnome Bomb and Suburbination. With these two game modes you could lurk from mid range and get a lot of assist and vanquishes.
  • Solo play on easy can get you a ton of vanquishes too.
  • The fish XP idea mentioned above is a great idea as well. I believe if you complete all quest including epic ones you should be able to level up a character from new to max rank in 31-50 days. Potentially 7-11 characters a year. Pick one and promote a full prestige in 10 days or less,(approximates). 

Nec Rose has that charged Jinx shot that will allow you or any of your teammates to vanquish them very quickly. Add that to homing and you got a pretty decent character.

Hope this helps!!

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (1,205 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
Maybe try using the fish in the sewers to level your roses to a point where you can actually start playing them might help? Like you save up some stars from the daily missions, and when you get about 130 or so you can use 50-110 of them to get your rose to level 10, promote, equip upgrades, then you can start using rose in matches, I dunno though, i myself have never done this with any character before, and I'm really bad at roses too, so i have no idea how well this would work or how long it would take.
Message 2 of 11 (1,242 Views)

★★★★ Guide
They find more use when you unlock their Homing Upgrade individually for each variant, unlocked at Level 9 advanced status.
Message 3 of 11 (1,230 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SonicMaster92  summed it up well! The homing upgrade is key. This upgrade takes rose from nothing to a great character.

On the road to this upgrade perhaps try leveling up Druid Rose first. She is the easiest and probably one of the best toxic characters in the game.

• The Arcane lotus ability will also give you 50hp to put her at 150. If you don't have this ability and see it in Rux check it out.y
  • Try getting into positions quickly at mid-range, vanquish one or two then relocate. If you do not have the homing upgrade you may have to use the zoom in feature to get hits so mid-range is essential, after upgrade just point and shoot.
  • Other game modes help as well. You could try Gnome Bomb and Suburbination. With these two game modes you could lurk from mid range and get a lot of assist and vanquishes.
  • Solo play on easy can get you a ton of vanquishes too.
  • The fish XP idea mentioned above is a great idea as well. I believe if you complete all quest including epic ones you should be able to level up a character from new to max rank in 31-50 days. Potentially 7-11 characters a year. Pick one and promote a full prestige in 10 days or less,(approximates). 

Nec Rose has that charged Jinx shot that will allow you or any of your teammates to vanquish them very quickly. Add that to homing and you got a pretty decent character.

Hope this helps!!

Message 4 of 11 (1,206 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the good advice, I'll be sure to pick up arcane lotus when rux sells it.

Message 5 of 11 (1,197 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Thumbs up

Sure thing.

Message 6 of 11 (1,180 Views)

★ Guide

@FootSoldier9908 great advice!! Like mentioned above, you really only see the true benefit of any Rose character after upgrading her abilities. Arcane Lotus is a must get along with Homing. Also, try not to camp, especially using Druid's splash damage, as it's very frowned upon. The great thing about Rose is that you don't have to camp. She's resilient enough to put up a good fight. After all, she does have to make her way into enemy territory to build teleporters. Building teleporters is also a great way to level up, it's easy XP. 

@Sammichu great tip on using the Fish to level up Rose!!

Message 7 of 11 (1,138 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Thanks!! Great advice yourself.

Message 8 of 11 (1,125 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This guy has the right idea for imps and roses.

:eahigh_file:

Message 9 of 11 (1,099 Views)

★ Guide
omg, that would be so boring to do...but maybe preferable to paying that stupid fish...
Message 10 of 11 (1,074 Views)