Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Any chance of the "Game Face" feature ever making a return?

by BrooklynKris

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Any chance of the "Game Face" feature ever making a return?

★★★★ Novice

About a year ago I posted in a FIFA 18 forum regarding my affinity for the Game Face feature and how badly I'd like to see its return in future installments of the franchise. Game Face was last seen in FIFA 16 and I still find myself playing that version of FIFA solely to use that feature. While I enjoyed aspects of "The Journey," and commended the production value that went into a real story mode I just found myself not connecting with the main protagonist Hunter.

When attempting to create a pro in recent FIFAs I find they look a bit unrealistic and it really takes away from career mode for me. I'd love to be able to scan my face and upload my likeness into the game once again so I can live out my fantasy of representing my favorite club and play alongside my favorite players! While I understand the Frost Bite engine is still relatively new, I'd love to see Game Face make a return in the upcoming FIFA 20 or at least in another FIFA sometime down the line.

Ultimate Team still seems to hold a majority of the investment from EA which I understand as I'm sure it generates a substantial amount of profit. It appears most news and social media is also primarily concerned with Ultimate Team as well when it comes to FIFA coverage. However, I still would love this small element of career mode to return which I believe would help spark career modes much needed revitalization. 

Message 1 of 4 (244 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Any chance of the "Game Face" feature ever making a return?

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @BrooklynKris.

Darko

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (206 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @BrooklynKris.

Darko

Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks @EA_Darko, I'm excited by the additional customization features being released this year for virtual pro's. I'm still hoping one day a face scan feature of some kind returns to the fold though so we can get exactly our faces back on our virtual pros. 

Thanks,

Message 3 of 4 (78 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko wrote:

Darko

Hello Darko,

It would be awesome if you can make vp playable again in manager mode.

Also make sure you guys add these 2 features.

-able to edit hairstyles of players during seasons to make things more unique.

-able to give generic and youth acedemy  players commentary names to make things more realistic.

-able to play with vp in manager mode(is a must have)

Thx for changes you guys already made in career mode.

Message 4 of 4 (65 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

fifa-20-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help