Re: Anti-Cheat Approach in Battlefield V - Did you gave up?

by Madnesis

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

The anti-cheat in this game is atrociously bad, by this point you have to know that DICE aren't going to do anything about it. You can submit video evidence of blatant cheats and a month later the video still has 0 views and the player is still playing. The forum policies are moronic and really just there so the sheer level of cheating that goes on isn't exposed publicly.

Message 11 of 22 (2,069 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I'm in the same situation, I uploaded a bunch of videos, all included in reports few weeks after, all are still at 0 view so I'm sure the time I did spend time reporting the cheaters wasn't useful at all, what a great feeling...

We, the customers that are concerned about the terrible experience lately which are trying to help somehow by reporting the cheaters are the ones being blamed on forums.
Message 12 of 22 (2,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Saying that everyone has easy time to scream about cheating for nothing is totally unfair, please don't go down this road as most of us have evidence of what we are saying. It does happen and will keep happening, yes, but I'm not of this type as I assume the best of each other, no matter what, I will not "scream" as you say so in the chat, I will keep it for me and will only report if I'm sure a given player is cheating. The fact that DICE/EA is doing nothing to address the problem does upset me so that's why I'm posting on official forums. I have more than 130 hours in the game so unusual behavior is easy for me to spot, we know when someone is doing well and at the opposite, we know when someone is cheating.

Talking about my own experience, I don't recall seeing any cheater before Firestorm release so it basically started 1-2 weeks after it came.

Something that I find confusing is that we have recent reports of cheaters being banned in BF1 by FairFight with in-game notification so why don't we see anything similar in BF V? Is is that you kept it silent? If so, why? If anti-cheat system is reliable, no reason for you guys to communicate more about it and share the actual benefit of using it. Current echo system is that players don't care, they feel safe about cheating and that's the reason there are so many.

Message 13 of 22 (2,010 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's hilarious just how many pathetic excuses people want to make, rather than admit there are cheaters and many of them. Veteran players that have been gaming for 15+ years certainly know how to spot a cheater, yet it seems calling out one labels you a kiddie, bad loser, bad player, or you're told just because someone is better than you, he's not cheating, these are from players usually on the side of the cheater, it just doesn't cut it anymore, along with excuses of high pings, teamplay, voice communications, being spotted and so on, I play with a few friends on teamspeak, we communicate well,( as i'm sure many do) when we suspect a cheater we will do certain experiments in game to confirm our suspicions ( on the not do obvious cheaters ), whilst the suspect is being spectated, so it's not just hackusations as people put it, yes we know there ate better players out there, pro players if you will,  however we know damn well nothing will get done about the cheaters, especially with lame excuses and denial, some that come from ea/dice employees.

Why would ea care they have our money and even more of it now with boins ( if you're stupid enough to give them more money ) they are more interested in making money and making the game shine, than actually fix the game and/or deal with cheaters, we would prefer the cheaters dealt with,then bug fixing, as at least we can enjoy the game more without cheats.

No matter how many posts on the forums or elsewhere we make or how many reports we submit the fact is ea/dice just don't care, silence is golden as they say.

Message 14 of 22 (2,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

A personal POV,

Am i an experienced, long term gamer?... I have a few Atari systems. I'll leave it at that Standard smile

Over the years, I have lost faith in companies to combat the issue. If any one of them comes close to getting on top of it, I will be more than happy to get my wallet out.

Bottom line for me is too many times I have said "thats it, not buying any further products"... then, "maybe this one will be better, get more support and focus"... some friends talk me into it and next minute im back at the start. I do like the game but for now is sits on the desktop idle and I watch from a distance for any kind of change that might bring me back. Unfortunately I've been burnt way too many times and have finally learnt my lesson. No more from EA. I just cant listen to the same tune again and time to change the station.

The only way big companies listen is from stats like sales. If the game sells - there is no issue. I hope the community can step up, stop buying the same problem, stop playing the current one and focus on creating change with their personal choices.

I have a young son who messes around on a basic online game, where I noticed he use to throw around terms of "hacking/glitching" with his friends. they barely know what they are talking about and I cant see a trend of kids looking at taking the cowards way and cheating over doing whats right. I'm focused on showing him morals and deter the "troll" like behavior so many keyboard warriors adapt, creating a change of attitude can start at an arms length away.

Message 15 of 22 (2,007 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well it looks like EA has shown itself to be exactly who we all expected. 

The cheating mega thread has been closed on the forums, and any attempt to start a new one is instantly shut down. 

They say that they have made improvements and everything is working as intended now. Well good luck with that. I think the community has already spoken loud and clear by simply not playing BF5 anymore. What a pathetic response to a very serious issue. I am not going to be going back to playing BF5 and I don't think I will be purchasing anything from EA in the next 5 years. Hopefully instead of just firing developers they start firing C level execs and become a reputable game company again. But I'm not going to hold my breath. 

Enjoy your cheat filled, micro-transaction filled, garbage netcode games

EA used to be a great company making great games, not any more. Now they can barely turn out mediocre games and patches that don't ruin more than they fix. What a joke

Message 16 of 22 (1,823 Views)

Community Manager

@RichardSinerface wrote:

The cheating mega thread has been closed on the forums, and any attempt to start a new one is instantly shut down. 

@RichardSinerface  Are you referring to this one? 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/PS3-New-Insane-Cheat-Hack-Poised-to-Ruin-BF4/td-p/4732200

That was locked because it was a discussion originally from 2015 and it's against the AHQ posting Rules to "necropost" old posts. We welcome feedback around concerns of hacking/cheating, however you cannot call out suspected cheaters in a post. Naming & shaming other players is not allowed

• Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.
Blueberry.png
Message 17 of 22 (1,819 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, I am not talking about BF4. No one on this thread is talking about BF4. Why would we be??

Here is the Mega thread that just got shut down

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164496/i-hate-to-admit-it-but-there-are-cheaters-in-...

You will notice it is over 247 pages long and was mentioned in the first post of this thread too.

Here is Braddock's reply about anti-cheat that I also mentioned. Where he states that all future anti-cheat threads will be insta shut down.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1551401#Comment_1551401

Please keep your condescending attitude to yourself until after you actually read and understand the concepts being discussed. I know that is a little rude, but come on... did you even read the posts in this thread?? 

Do you know the state of the official BF5 forums? Do you see all the locked threads about cheating that continue to be posted? Do you understand that this is still the number one issue for most people. No other thread came close to the participation as the anti-cheat thread.  EA locked the BF1 cheat thread the exact same way.

That is why I stand by my decision to no longer support your company with my money. This is not the first time this exact same scenario has played out.

This thread we are posting on is a carry over from the Official BF5 forums where it is seemingly impossible to get a response from EA. I appreciate you are interacting and posting but this is all to do with your current FLAGSHIP GAME BF5.

Message 18 of 22 (1,803 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's been few months I'm following and posting in the thread that was closed on Official EA Forums as mentioned by @RichardSinerface: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164496/i-hate-to-admit-it-but-there-are-cheaters-in-...

It does look like a poor censorship attempt to me and here is why I think so:

1. No prior notification before closing the topic.

2. He provided this link which states basically that situation should be better now when it comes to cheaters. Why not wait for player feedback prior closing the topic?

3. Assumption is that the cheater problem is no longer a thing, he mentioned he would close any new topic related to that.

I will give you guys another chance since you supposedly worked on FairFight (even though situation was horrible for months and it should have been done way earlier) so I'm really looking forward to see if the situation is definitely better now or not and will come back if it's not the case.

Message 19 of 22 (6,185 Views)

★ Apprentice

HAHAHA

I love that you guys marked @Madnesis post as the solution. Is it because he said he would give you another chance?

The only person to give XP to his response is an EA Community Manager, who also marked it as the solution. Wrong. The solution is to prove that you have a working anti-cheat before you end all discussion around the topic. 

That proof MAY be coming. But lets be honest this isn't the first time that Braddock has said "we are working on it" and 6 months later no noticeable action had been taken.

Trying to silence dissent doesn't make the issue go away. It just makes your community feel unheard and ignored. This is exactly how the nearly 5000 posters on the Anti-cheat thread feel. 

Message 20 of 22 (1,768 Views)