Re: Another stealth update?

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

Well there goes the game for me. Aggro decks are almost useless now. Tech comes out extremely fast. Right after the first missile. I mean immediately after. And that’s with me charging the missile with no harvester so that the clock starts immediately. 

And my pitbull is useless now. * this game. Glad I haven’t been paying. 

And this is another reason why rebuilding Harvesters shouldn’t be free. 

Message 21 of 31 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@AlphonseDisciple wrote:
@KelinDrawnWell I can’t help that your comment had nothing to do with your point lmao. You asked when’s the last time we seen one. Not is the unit any good. If you want people to understand your point, maybe you should actually say what you actually mean lol.

Yes, it absolutely did. You just gave an anwser to my last sentence, which was obviously a rhetorical question.

My point is that I want diversity. Therefore I want to see units like the Centurion being played because it’s a viable option, not because someone put it in their decks for reasons like: «Oh, I like how they walk! Coooool».

(They do walk cool.)

Message 22 of 31 (628 Views)

@AlphonseDisciple wrote:

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

Well there goes the game for me. Aggro decks are almost useless now. Tech comes out extremely fast. Right after the first missile. I mean immediately after. And that’s with me charging the missile with no harvester so that the clock starts immediately. 

And my pitbull is useless now. * this game. Glad I haven’t been paying. 

And this is another reason why rebuilding Harvesters shouldn’t be free. 

I see your point now where previously I did not. 

Message 23 of 31 (614 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Didn't see the update coming before I started to play. I was offline from the game and occasionally checked the forums and discord. I was shocked to see the news directly from discord as I read through my alliance's chat.

Message 24 of 31 (601 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@KelinDrawn wrote:

Well guys, fortunately the game can not be balanced around specific leagues. In Tiberium tech units used to be quite rare, so I stand by my statement that I’m embracing a game with more diverse units being played.

Your argument is nonsense.

Tiberium League only makes up 0.5% or even less of the entire playerbase. So it is of absolutely minor concern whether there are more Tech decks, more Aggro Decks, or more Whatver-it-is decks in Tiberium League. It is the 99.5 other percent of the playerbase which really matter. And there, we had already most of the players playing Tech decks.

There was absolutely no justification to make Tech more viable. That would have been the case if the number of Tech players had been low before this update, but it never was low.

Message 25 of 31 (590 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah... no.

You don’t balance the game around the weakest link so to speak. What you do is educate (new) players how to use certain units so they get better at the game and progress through the leagues. The fact that Tech is so popular with the lower leagues is only due to the fact that people don’t bother to micro units, charge the pads early when playing aggro as well as block units from entering the pads at all when the missile is about to fire.

Also they didn’t simply buff Tech units, they only buffed Tech when used in combination with other buildings.

Message 26 of 31 (585 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@KelinDrawn wrote:

The fact that Tech is so popular with the lower leagues

It's not only the lower leagues. There are also many Tech players in Master League, and even in the lower part of Tiberium League.

@KelinDrawn wrote:

Also they didn’t simply buff Tech units, they only buffed Tech when used in combination with other buildings.

Nobody ever used *only* the Tech lab, did they?

Message 27 of 31 (571 Views)

★★★★ Pro

By the way, they forgot to make this change:

When you build the Barracks and then the Tech Lab, you can build Tech infantry (but not Tech vehicles or Tech air units).
When you build the War Factory and then the Tech Lab, you can build Tech vehicles (but not Tech infantry or Tech air units).

When you build the Heli Pad and then the Tech Lab, you can build Tech air units (but not Tech infantry or Tech vehicles).

That would make a lot of sense, wouldn't it?

Message 28 of 31 (563 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Marine_CorporaI I’m glad you see what I was trying to say now. Now, destroying Harvesters early slows the Tech player a bit, but doesn’t really stop them. Because they can just keep churning out free Harvesters.
Message 29 of 31 (540 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Mister_Crac It’s even less than that. I finished in Masters 1 and it told me I was in the top .1% of players. So Tib has to be the .0999999 lol
Message 30 of 31 (539 Views)