Anakin: The best and worst thing to happen to Battlefront 2

by DarkPhoenix719

Original Post

Anakin: The best and worst thing to happen to Battlefront 2

★ Novice

We all love this man, he is the Chosen One, the greatest Jedi to ever be apart of the Star Wars Universe. The character most players love and want to be. A hero; that is envied by every player not fast enough to select him on the loading screen. Who is so popular, that you will never find one match without him dominating the battlefield using his stupid "Fun begins" emote. And since Anakin's release, I noticed there has been a major shift in the balance of this game with players lucky enough to get to play on the light side all because of the almighty Anakin Skywalker. Today, when you enter HvV or Galactic assault match the player will notice that the only one at the top of the leaderboards or close to it is usually Anakin if you are lucky enough to get him and score 30+ kills per match. Can anyone honestly say that there isn't a pattern here? No other hero is even capable of scoring that high because of their lack of power compared to him. It is because this hero was developed to be too powerful for most players to defeat unless you don't have any brain cells to simply pull, might, and slash or retribution when getting ganged up on and instantly kill. Sometimes not even entire teams together can defeat Anakin because he goes turtle mode and kills everyone instantly how is that fair? How is it fair that Anakin is the only one with four abilities? With his Force Pull he will drag you to him with almost unlimited range from way across the map so you cannot escape, then while you are down he will heroic might quickly so you cannot get up and kill you every time. How is this fair to the other characters in the game that can't counter him? One of the only heroes that even comes close to Anakin is Vader because his health is so large he can take Anakin's heat for a bit but is no match for his Passionate strike and then lightsaber spamming to death. But as for everyone else? they usually die engaging him, because as Anakin says when he spams when he kills you with no skill "nothing happens by accident". Um yeah because you were designed by dice to destroy everything and be the potential cause of why everyone leaves the match when they are down to 2 targets versus a solid 10. It should be a red flag for dice when people constantly leave matches when Anakin   single handedly destroys the other team with little effort. The game is unbalanced, and If he isn't nerfed soon I believe the player base will slowly deteriorate more and more over time, because it just is not fun playing dark side when you are constantly killed by a noob that just button mashes with Anakin and can do nothing to stop him.

Message 1 of 7 (2,257 Views)

Re: Anakin: The best and worst thing to happen to Battlefront 2

★ Apprentice
First, paragraphs or breaks.

Second, I agree. Although Anakin balances HvV, he isn't balanced himself. The only times I seem to lose as the Light side in HvV is if Anakin's player is incompetent. He has the highest saber damage, highest swing speed, the ability to break blocks and knock enemies to the ground, the ability to pull them to him from a decent distance away, the ability to just soak up damage and then deal out a load of damage in return, and the ability to just choke everyone for a bit. He can also have the highest base health in the game.

In GA...You hope you're up against a bad Anakin. The same may likely be the case in the new game mode, Capital Supremacy. Making this worse, even if you take out Anakin, another player will pretty much immediately become him again.

The argument that Anakin is The Chosen One just isn't a good enough reason for him to be this powerful, because it's still a game and he should be balanced with the other Heroes and Villains. At the moment, he does everything best, with little competition.

Message 2 of 7 (2,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Agreed, even after the nerf, he is way too powerful, both against troopers and heroes.

Heroic Might has no place in the game, even in this "weakened" state. It is a really cheap tactic with unfairly extreme damage. Then you factor in Retribution - an unblockable fourth ability to finish off those who expected Might and survived it.

He's an extreme crowd control character, and all his abilities build on that. Which would be good - but nobody else is this good, and the balance is totally broken.

One of the greatest things IMO is that he has Pull instead of Push - the lack of a Jedi with Pull was one of the biggest problems against irritating coward Boba players: even if you managed to hit them with your Force ability, you only increased the distance between you and him. Anakin is finally a great counter to the jetpack. They should have built more on this aspect instead of murdering a whole HvV squad with one lazy ability.

Think about Kylo, for example: while he has great abilities, you still need to use your head to utilise them. You can't just use Pull and then press another button that does everything for you (i.e. Anakin's Heroic Might). You still need to defend yourself, use Freeze in the correct moment, and even circle around them while frozen for backstab damage. Even then, they might have the opportunity to retaliate. That is a balanced character with good abilities. (Though his Pull is still totally broken and only works half the time.)

Message 3 of 7 (2,153 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, Kylo's Pull is nowhere as near as consistent as Anakin's. Especially in HvV. It works fine for me in GA.

Message 4 of 7 (2,134 Views)

Champion

Need I say more!!!. I have already voiced my opinion on Anakin in other threads.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Champion
I decided to say more.
My problem with Anakin even after the nerf, is not regarding the power of his abilities but with the fact that he can position in front of everybody and take 90% DAMAGE REDUCTION whilst powering up. If that was reduced then maybe it would reduce the effect of his abilties.
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★ Guide

Heroic might needs longer cool down I think, I liked that his passionate strike has knockdown ability, but coupled with the pull its too much of a devastating combo to heros, however I just try to stay away from him and be selective...and yes I do try to control him with the stinger pistol as much as possible.

I don't play Heros vs villains. so Im saying this only from the GA and supremacy/ showdowwn perspective 

Message 7 of 7 (2,067 Views)