An update on Al Sundan - Conquest

by EA_Atic

Original Post

An update on Al Sundan - Conquest

EA DICE Team
Hi folks,

Wanted to provide you with some new insight on the release of our upcoming update and the start of Chapter 4.

Our intention was to kick off Chapter 4 with the release of Al Sundan, a brand new map that’s brought from the War Story ‘Under no Flag’. Testing of the update has revealed that when playing the map on Conquest, there are instances of crashing that we’re not happy with.

We’ve made the decision today to hold back the release of Al Sundan on Conquest whilst we investigate and fix this.

For those of us who caught some of the early looks at Al Sundan during EA Play a few weeks back, the best experience on this map is found in large scale, classic Battlefield vehicle warfare. If we can't provide the best possible version of that, our preference is to keep working on it until we can deliver the best performance.

Our teams are presently stress testing smaller modes like Squad Conquest to make sure that we can still make part of the experience available to you next week, and we’ll have on update on Monday for you all regarding this.

Update 4.0 will still be deployed next week, ahead of the start of Chapter 4. Tomorrow we’ll be here to talk about what's coming in this update, and to give you an early look at some of the changes and issues that we’ve addressed for this patch.

We’ll be back on Monday with more news for you.

Freeman and the team at EA DICE

/Atic
Message 1 of 6 (929 Views)

Re: An update on Al Sundan - Conquest

@EA_Atic

Better to hold it and fix everything than release broken map.

I wish luck to the Team Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 6 (902 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I am a little disappointed in view of my excitement to have new maps, but actually I prefer them without bug Wink. So be patient, be patient, be patient...

Message 3 of 6 (872 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the update - rather sort that stuff than release a buggy map.!

Good on you mates!

Message 4 of 6 (824 Views)

@LockNLoad5753

Agree.! Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 5 of 6 (814 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Would rather wait and have the fix

Message 6 of 6 (662 Views)