Allied turret balance question

by Mishurd01

Original Post

Allied turret balance question

★★★ Newbie

Wondering if we might be able to get a balance for the allied turret defenses in red alert. My suggestion would be to make them able to fire over concrete barriers. Seeing as Tesla coils can do so as well. Seeing as they are a weaker defense this would give players a chance to support them just slightly better during tank rushes. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (556 Views)

Re: Allied turret balance question

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Mishurd01 It was officially announced on Reddit that the September 24 patch was the very final patch before the project was wrapped up internally.

https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/comments/iq8vkb/september_patch_and_map_editor/

EA_Jimtern wrote:

With this patch, we finally feel the C&C Remastered Collection will have achieved the vision we had for the game when we first started development. As such, in our spirit of transparency, we wanted to let the community know we anticipate this will be the last patch for the game.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (513 Views)

Re: Allied turret balance question

★★ Apprentice

Also, remember that they said at the beginning that they were not going to balance the game, they were just going to recreate it in HD. The Imbalance issues in it now are the same issues as from 1996, just with better graphics. 

Of course, everything I read before the remaster is that the Soviets were OP, and now I'm reading that Allies are OP, so maybe things are better than they seem.

Message 3 of 3 (474 Views)