Airborne Cannons codex entry impossible

by LordgunHD

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Airborne Cannons codex entry impossible

★★ Novice

Is it just me or is this entry unobtainable?

I've spent the last hour or two trying to get it and no matter how good or lucky my aim is there's always 1-2 planes or bombers that survive at half health or lower.

The AA gun seems to do too little damage to actually kill anything in time and overheats too quickly.

Message 1 of 10 (2,234 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Airborne Cannons codex entry impossible

★★★★ Expert

@LordgunHD Good to hear you managed to get it after all. Maybe this topic might encourage others who gave up trying to try again with the knowledge it has been made easier.

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find someone's post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (2,313 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

It´s hard, but it´s not impossible.

It took me some time and I wouldn´t want to do it again.

Anyway, here´s a 2018 video, maybe it helps:

You should try this on "Easy" mode, good luck Standard smile

Message 2 of 10 (2,205 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It is annoying, but very much doable. One thing that ended up helping me was shooting down some of the bombers flying by in the background, they're usually good for 1-2 extra kills. It still takes many attempts, as you need a perfect run, but it's possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 3 of 10 (2,188 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@LordgunHD It looks like today is your lucky day ;-) Look what’s in the recent Update notes, which dropped today:

• Increased the damage of stationary AA guns in the single player War Stories, improving the chances for players to earn the “Airborne Cannons” codex entry.

Good luck!Thumbs up

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

Message 4 of 10 (2,167 Views)

★★ Novice

@RanzigeRidder2 Lucky or Unlucky, I somehow managed to get the codex entry about 4-5 hours before they dropped the update.

Message 5 of 10 (2,157 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@LordgunHD Good to hear you managed to get it after all. Maybe this topic might encourage others who gave up trying to try again with the knowledge it has been made easier.

Message 6 of 10 (2,314 Views)

★ Apprentice

Wow! I was just reading through and found your message!..............This has given me hope. It is the only codex I have not got and simply just can not do and was fed up trying. I thought it was impossible. But with this news I will certainly give it another go.

Many thanks

Message 7 of 10 (2,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LordgunHD Its my last codex entry to complete, and ive been at it for hours and im not even close. I just want to finish the campaign as multiplayer is hugely laggy for me, so the campaign is the only fun thing to do. I just got the game about a month ago from steam on my new computer.
Message 8 of 10 (1,543 Views)

★ Guide
@TheDampGoodSanta I remember that codex and how frustrating it was! Took me a few hours of trying. I watched a YT video that explained the timing of the incoming planes and it took me several tries but I finally did it.
Message 9 of 10 (1,536 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 1, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (1,527 Views)