Addressing Epic Unit Leveling

by EA_dance210

Original Post

Re: Addressing Epic Unit Leveling

★★★ Apprentice
In fact, players don't mind paying to play games, but the level is higher or lower than their opponents. This is not a real competitive game. I prefer to pay once.
Message 11 of 35 (1,463 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I whole heartedly disagree with you. You will never EVER catch up to big spenders especially those that can afford 100's on the game. Unit levels as high as 9-10 or higher. You will never catch up. You can play all day but do you love this game so much you will sit and play all day especially if you start to keep losing repeatedly and watch your score fall. 

Don't be unrealistic here. This is a mobile game and you can only earn so many cards. People with money get the epic chest and get guaranteed epic cards. Your argument does not work

Message 12 of 35 (1,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know the algorithm your using to draw opponents but, it's not working.  It's mostly a mismatch either its an easy win or an impossible opponent. My first account vanished couldn't even be found by your team tracking the payment I made now that really sucked. 

Message 13 of 35 (1,438 Views)

★★★★ Guide

ya i dont get much on drops from blue, gold , or even purple for epic units i would have to buy them and thats not very fun to do 

i give ea more than enough money through other games im not dishing out money for this one as well 

Message 14 of 35 (1,383 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi guys!

@d0dDj4y,

We are still working on improving the game and not all of our planned features have been introduced yet. We know that matchmaking is an issue, especially running up against opponents that are much stronger. If you haven't seen it yet, you should check out the upcoming Rivals Fairplay features. These are designed to ensure that matches are fun and fair. And for those rare moments when a match falls outside our parameters for "fair" it will be declared a Challenge Battle - meaning the player who is put at a disadvantage will not lose Medals for a defeat and will earn double Medals for a win. While Challenge Battles don't prevent "unfair" matches, they will hopefully make participating in them feel less punishing.

@TriBounty,

Thanks for the suggestions about deck selection! I will be sure to pass it along to the rest of the team Standard smile

@benf1211 and @XelKhala,

Thank you both for your suggestions! I will pass both along and hopefully we'll have more news to share soon.

@Amatossy,

The intent is for all players to be able to field an army of Epic, Rare or Common units that are all around the same level. If someone chooses to pay to unlock crates they may be able to level up quicker or have more units at higher levels; however, that doesn't mean someone who doesn't pay at all won't get high level units. This is the goal that we're working towards and we'll be making changes to how the system works to reach that goal.

We also have some changes coming with the Rivals Fairplay features that I mentioned above. We're continuing to balance units as well as adjust the unit power between levels. We want all matches to be fun, fair and competitive, with player skill and strategy being key for victory.

We're listening and will continue to make adjustments to Rivals, so please let us know your thoughts!

Message 15 of 35 (1,368 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I appreciate you taking the time to write and address our concerns. I truly want to mention that if there were paid unit skins or something cosmetic I would love to field an army of '95 character models like the group of 5 infantry troups formed in tiberium Dawn (CnC gold). Or the opetion to replace anti tank missiles with tiberiun sun disc throwers. Also, I really hope you can include scri. Faction. I'd love to see how they'd work in this. The forgotten characters would be awesome too.

Message 16 of 35 (1,353 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Amatossy wrote:

I appreciate you taking the time to write and address our concerns. I truly want to mention that if there were paid unit skins or something cosmetic I would love to field an army of '95 character models like the group of 5 infantry troups formed in tiberium Dawn (CnC gold). Or the opetion to replace anti tank missiles with tiberiun sun disc throwers. Also, I really hope you can include scri. Faction. I'd love to see how they'd work in this. The forgotten characters would be awesome too.

I've played several games where part of my enjoyment was from using skins or other cosmetic items to customize my game, so I understand where you're coming from Standard smile These are good suggestions, for cosmetics and other factions/characters, so thanks!

Message 17 of 35 (1,344 Views)

★★ Novice
Look i'v played this game since day one of the beta...with the new updates of crates and DOUBLE the epic cards coming in now...how many epic's cards do you think I'm missing now that I've bought ALL your in game purchases, per-say if I waited till now...me buying all of the crates before this update has robbed me of ALOT of epic cards. I believe that you should be able to compensate me on a few free crates to get back to what the the difference is from before this update. I'v bought ALL the games purchases and now could have gotten double the epic cards?! I will stop playing entirely if we can work something out. There is a HUUGGEE gap difference of the cards l would have had by now
Message 18 of 35 (1,302 Views)

★★ Novice
Please have someone message me to talk about what we can do to fix my issue please
Message 19 of 35 (1,269 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I haven't seen any jump jet troopers since I got them they are 2 lvls behind and fixing to be 3 and that's one of my bread and butter troops that I won't be able to use once I get so many medals I should have them to 8 or 9 already but there haven't been any opportunities to upgrade with the lack of cards and I am a spender I don't have patience to wait until the fuel crates are in yet here I am still waiting for the 10 card upgrade I am going to be very unhappy if I have to sit down one of my main troops

Message 20 of 35 (1,193 Views)