Re: Additional new units in command and conquer rivals

by willy28Laoisok

Original Post

Additional new units in command and conquer rivals

★★★★ Novice

Is it possible there will be additional units like firehawk and MARV of GDI, and Shadow team and Redeemer of Brotherhood of Nod for command and conquer rivals??

Thanks

Message 1 of 15 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I am very very sure that neither the MARV nor the Redeemer will be implemented, since mammoth and avatar are supposed to be the "ultimate weapon". If these units will be implemented, they will be just impossible to stop. Mammoth and avatar are rather hard to defeat already, so MARV and redeemer would be close to impossible. And their cost would be like 400 or something, it's just unaffordable. And you only have 6 slots, so you have to pick your army wisely. In other C&C games you could just build whatever unit you wanted, but not here. Giving up a slot for a unit that will be used maybe in 5% of your games is not worth it.

The firehawk on the other hand has a chance of being impleneted. It just runs into some problems (I will refer to the firehawk from C&C 3, it there is one in C&C 1 or C&C 2 and it behaves differently than the one from C&C 3, the problems might be nonexistant):

1) If it has multiple anti air rockets before it needs to reload, then it functions basically the same as the phantom, which is not that great. Units should have some variety. And if you want anti-air air, we already have the hammerhead, so why do we need another one?

2) If it has some bombs to throw down, we already have the orca bomber. I am aware that both units function differently, but they have the same purpose - bombing the ground.

If firehawk will be implemented as anti air, it should behave differently compared to the hammerhead and the phantom. The devs then must come up with an original concept.

If firehawk will be implemented as a bomber, it should behave differently compared to the orca bomber and the inferno. The devs then must, again, come up with an original concept.

The shadowteam, however, has good chances of being implemented. I personally want more stealth units in the game, and shadow teams would be awesome!

Message 2 of 15 (591 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So what's preference other than the firehawk, marv, shadow team, and the Redeemer for command and conquer rivals then??

Is there any additional upcoming new units other than the fanatics, shatterers?

Thanks

Message 3 of 15 (570 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@xMaksuss But the firehawks act as both fighter and bomber at the same time, right??
Message 4 of 15 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@xMaksussIf the firehawks implemented act as both fighter and bomber at the time, right? While the shadow teams will implemented as a stealth sniper unit, right??

Message 5 of 15 (559 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@willy28Laoisok wrote:

@xMaksussIf the firehawks implemented act as both fighter and bomber at the time, right? While the shadow teams will implemented as a stealth sniper unit, right??

If firehawks attack both air and ground, they would be really strong. But maybe devs can implement it somehow.

Shadowteam can be implemented as anti-infantry with stealth. How exactly this is implemented is up to the devs.

Which other units will be implemented next are unclear. Usually it‘s units which exist in the C&C games, only rarely they do not exist (Centurion for example (OR I might be wrong and they actually exist in a C&C game( I didn‘t play C&C 2))). So firehawk, shadowteam, or how about the RIG?

Message 6 of 15 (549 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@xMaksuss How about heroes like commandos on both sides, they will possible implemented for command and conquer rivals?

Message 7 of 15 (542 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@xMaksuss I hope they will implement these units as soon as possible because this game is very fustrating.
Message 8 of 15 (540 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@willy28Laoisok wrote:
@xMaksussI hope they will implement these units as soon as possible because this game is very fustrating.

The commandos might be implemented, but you have to consider multiple things:

What holes in the roster do they fill? What makes them unique? Is it fun to use them? Is it fair to play against them? How did they behave in the other C&C games?

In the other C&C games, commandos could oneshot any building, obviously that doesn‘t fit rivals at all. So how about changing it so it only deals bonus damage to buildings?

In the roster they would act as an somewhat expensive anti-infantry and anti-building unit with some unique features:

GDI: has a jetpack just like JJTs.

Nod: Is stealthed like the stealth tank (in C&C 3 it was stealthed only while standing still, this doesn‘t make sense in Rivals since it always automatically attacks enemies. So either make it stealth while moving OR disable automatic shooting so that it only attacks if ordered to.).

Both factions: unit cap of 1 (can be changed it needed).

This is how I personally would implement them. Redwood, take notes!

But honestly the game doesn‘t need new units. New units are always nice, but the game doesn‘t need them. They are a good addition, but they are not really necessary. What it needs is a new and refreshing gamemode. A 2v2 mode was suggested dozens of times, and I personally would love to see a mode where your units rank up ingame just like in the other C&C games.

If a new gamemode is too much to ask for, they could implement a new commander. Commanders have a bigger impact on the game than just units and they might bring completely new ways to play.

If that is still too much to ask for, then we at least need unique events. The wargames were an attempt, but only the first one was good, the other 2 completely failed.

We need something new and refreshing. New units are always nice to get, but the actual game stays the same.

Message 9 of 15 (526 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@xMaksuss How about the Rig?

What will be look in your artwork?
I hope it will be implement as well as the firehawks, shadow teams.
Message 10 of 15 (521 Views)