Re: Add Open All Bags Feature

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Add Open All Bags Feature

★ Guide

Many of us dont open our bags all the time..sometimes bags accumulate, it would be nice if you added an option to open all at once.

Message 1 of 12 (5,561 Views)

Community Manager

@PuckinNutz 

Fair request! I'll get this tracked down as a quality of life request to see if the team can consider this in future updates or titles. Thanks for stopping by the forums. Standard smile

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 12 (5,435 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Please add this feature. It can't be that hard to code and patch in an update.  I play almost every night and don't care much about the ancillary unlocks in the bags once I get to like P2 but I just looked and I have no less than 45 standard bags and another 31 various other bags from playing mixed modes the past month.

PLEASE UNLOCK ALL BAGS feature that skips all the unveils to scroll through. This will take an hour at least to open them all.

Message 3 of 12 (5,097 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Dude pleaseeee make this happen, I have my bags maxed out. It would literally take me 6 hours to open all my bags
Message 4 of 12 (4,808 Views)

★★ Novice

Omg pleaseeeee

Message 5 of 12 (4,809 Views)

Community Manager

@jarrellm13 

I don't expect this feature to be implemented this year for NHL 21 nor do we have any confirmation on whether it will be added for a future title, however I know it's been brought up to the dev team in discussions and from my understanding it is a large technical task to successfully implement at this stage, so in the mean time I recommend jumping in and try opening up a decent amount of bags every day to help get caught up until further announcements are made.

Appreciate the feedback and hope you're having a great time in CHEL. Standard smile 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 12 (4,791 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Just have the bags automatically open instead. Basically get rid of bags all together. The new items can be discovered in creation zone. This is how most other games operate.
Message 7 of 12 (4,776 Views)

Community Manager
@jarrellm13 Not a bad idea. If you took a break from the game at the amount of bags you had and wanted to hop on with some friends, only forced to open up bags for an hour or more I'm not sure if it would be a great experience. Great suggestion for a future title at it's launch so bags never accumulate.
Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 12 (4,773 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Is it possible to at least speed up the opening of the bags or change the controls for it so that I can hold down a button and spam through the bags? 

Message 9 of 12 (3,679 Views)

Community Manager
@DustyCritter81

I know that was something we've raised to the team and they've explored. There could either be a technical limitation for that to implement or they want to go in a longer term direction on how to utilize the time to implement a new feature.

I agree though, that would be a nice feature to have to reduce time spent. My best advice is to try and stay on top of those bags when you have any free time. I guess one thing to factor into a design decision is how many players will actually use it and how many are currently in need of it. If mass majority of players stay on top of their bags or have to open up a lot at one time, but then never need to use a feature like that going forward (so in sense it was a one time use), do you dedicate weeks of implementation for that or a new gameplay feature?
Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 12 (3,651 Views)