Re: Accidentally retired Sim

by artepunk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Accidentally retired Sim

★★★★ Novice

So when I was in an event and about to tap an action, the retirement screen popped up even though I've tapped 'not now' many times before. This Sim was the most successful one out of all four, and I didn't want him to retire, especially not having gotten married only yesterday. His wedding party hasn't even ended yet. 

There was no screen asking if I really wanted to retire my Sim, and no option to go back. He just retired. The event he was doing (spa side snacks) completed instantly without any rewards. My question is, can I still undo this? If not, to the developers: please make it either possible to undo, or add a confirmation screen... I wasn't done with this Sim yet and now he's just gone. 

(Not sure if this is the right place to make this topic, but it seemed to be the only place that allowed me to create a topic.)

Message 1 of 33 (22,685 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice
Like many EA games, you can rarely undo things. Your retired sim will die (move out permanently) too, but they will remain in a separate section of the family portrait.

View in thread

Message 2 of 33 (24,865 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice
Like many EA games, you can rarely undo things. Your retired sim will die (move out permanently) too, but they will remain in a separate section of the family portrait.
Message 2 of 33 (24,866 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you very much Standard smile
Message 3 of 33 (22,534 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
You would think there would be a warning screen, as it just pops up at random. I was really annoyed by it, as this happened to one of my Sims that was almost done with a career. Now I have to start it all over.
Message 4 of 33 (22,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This very same thing happened to me also. My Sim has just married and they had adopted a kid. I’m furious with EA in that deciding if you want to retire your sim should NOT be a random pop up window but rather it should be a side bar choice that WE THE PLAYERS seek out! I just started playing this game in past couple of months. I invested a lot of time and even real cash in my sims. This Unwanted action of retiring my sim has made me so angry that I’m not sure I even want to continue to play. There are other things that I have already found problematic but this was the action that has angered me the most. EA you need to give us “WE THE PLAYERS” the option to retrieve retired Sims. Like other actions there are confirmation options that pop up when deciding to make changes. Why isn’t there this option that follows something as drastic as retiring your Sims? I’m sorry but getting heirlooms is NOT a trade I would choose over keeping a young and vital Sim to my story. This STINKS!!

Message 5 of 33 (22,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Who cares?! I do not care that my Sim will still be floating around in the game somewhere after retirement. I wanted to keep my Sim and it’s NOT COOL that the “retire your Sim” option pops up randomly while you are in play. This absolutely should NOT be a random option but rather a side bar choice we seek out if desired. NOT COOL!

Message 6 of 33 (22,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Indeed, it is too frequent and annoying, but declining it as of now, the Retirement option will not show up in the Traits Catalog, which is also inconvenient because Retirement Option should always show there when the Sim is ready to retire, and not disappear randomly at a random time.

Also, I was suggesting something aboug this issue, that the Retirement Dialog should only appear once and that the Ready-to-retire Sim's plumbob changes to a gold and shiny one.

Message 7 of 33 (22,216 Views)

★ Guide
@01Reinier
I don't think it disappears from the trait section for everyone. I believe that's just a bug because I've always been able to view it there.
But it is very frustrating that it always pops up. I've come so close to retiring my sims by mistake on multiple occasions. Hopefully it's fixed soon!
Message 8 of 33 (22,214 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@syrenae wrote:

So when I was in an event and about to tap an action, the retirement screen popped up even though I've tapped 'not now' many times before. This Sim was the most successful one out of all four, and I didn't want him to retire, especially not having gotten married only yesterday. His wedding party hasn't even ended yet. 

There was no screen asking if I really wanted to retire my Sim, and no option to go back. He just retired. The event he was doing (spa side snacks) completed instantly without any rewards. My question is, can I still undo this? If not, to the developers: please make it either possible to undo, or add a confirmation screen... I wasn't done with this Sim yet and now he's just gone. 

(Not sure if this is the right place to make this topic, but it seemed to be the only place that allowed me to create a topic.)

Gahhh!! I totally just did this exact same thing!  And the sim i retired was the one that i had just moved in from another player!  Frustrating that it happened so fast in the middle of doing actions after having a wedding party. I have a single dad raising their daughter now
😅 and the upside, she left a silver heirloom hahaha

Message 9 of 33 (22,033 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
So this just happened AGAIN and not only was my sim in the middle of a new career I had only just unlocked and one of the new event steps, I had also declined her retirement numerous times. If we are given the choice to retire, then if declined it should stay in their profile until we decide it’s time. Not pop up randomly when you happen to touch your screen to do something else. There really needs to be a better place that pop up. A banner across the top would be perfect because it’s unlikely to ever be tapped by mistake. Please do something to fix this 🙏
Oh and I also know she had a decent amount of stickers which now I probably won’t get as I don’t have a screenshot like I did last time I purposely retired sims before then end of the sticker contest. Even though I was told I would still get them I didn’t and I had to send the screenshots I’d taken, just in case, to send to EA when the contest ended.
Message 10 of 33 (21,885 Views)