About the Item limit error

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

About the Item limit error

[ Edited ]

itemlimit2.png

What is an item limit error?

When playing The Sims Mobile you might come across the item limit pop up.
It's an error that prevents you from placing more items into your house in game.

When do you see an item limit error?

You get the item limit error when you have too many items in your Sims house.
This means you hit a limit on your device, instead of lowering the graphics quality, making it look very pixelated, or making the game run slower the game gives you this warning. 
Every item shown in your game is asking resources from your device.
When you have a stronger model device you might be able to place more items in your Sims house than when you have a weaker device.

How many items can I have on display?

It's hard to tell, some items might require more resources than others. 
It might be either that big items are worse, or that more complex colours and interactions are worse. 

So it's a trial and error to see what you can and can't place.

How do you prevent an item limit error?
Don't put too many items out in your house. You could think about removing plants in the garden or items on or behind walls where you wouldn't see them.
Think about doors, windows and pictures that don't even show up, and your Sims don't have any use for. 
The best way around would be challenging yourself to build a tiny house, like in the tiny build challenge

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 1 of 15 (4,353 Views)

Re: About the Item limit error

★★★ Pro

Since I did not hit item limit yet. Does plants and stuff like basketball court, BBQ ect. outside are included in item limit, OR is item limit only for items that are placed INSIDE the house?

Message 2 of 15 (4,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@givememore86 everything you place on the house plot counts both indoors and outdoors. 

Rooms, wallpapers,  flooring... everything count. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 3 of 15 (4,318 Views)

★★ Guide

Does it affect loading screen time at the beginning of game too? I have a lot of items in my house now, and I feel like the loading screen getting longer and longer. Sometimes it took a minute to load. 

Message 4 of 15 (4,242 Views)

Hero

@doodle_lass you might be right. In my experience it takes a longer time to load completely a screen with lots of objects. It's important to edit and prioritize what objects you want on display. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 5 of 15 (4,231 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah... There's no use having so much items displayed in your house if in the end it just reduce gaming experience. Guess I'll start stashing some items back to the storage. Thanks for for the reply @SalixCat  :D

Message 6 of 15 (4,155 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sry. i cant agree with a weak device. been playing sims freeplay and i have tons of big houses there. and i can still add more! my sims freeplay houses are all fully furnished with 2-4levels of floors and i can still add more item compare to sims mobile which is only half of the lot occupied =/ ..removing an item or 2 to make room for another one is not fun 😡 ..tho im still playing & hoping EA will do something about the limit. .. what i love in sims mobile is their camera angle & sim people look way much nicer compare to freeplay.

Message 7 of 15 (4,052 Views)

I'm not sure about the camera angle in Freeplay, but having nicer looking Sims asks for more of the device.
Maybe now that the Firemonkeys have taken over The Sims Mobile, they also make The Sims Freeplay, they can figure out a way to have best of both worlds. 

Don't get your hopes up though!

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 15 (4,028 Views)

★★★ Guide

Some items are more important than others. For example: I earlier got the advice not to put the heirlooms in the storage. Late last year, I lost the dancing career and asked EA helpdesk for help, which I got (thanks!). But someone told me that if I had kept the dancer heirloom visible in my house at all time, the career would have been protected from disappearing. AS far AS I understand, the same goes with heirlooms controling traits. So when I get a silver statue or a gold statue upgrading some trait, I immediately put in somewhere in the house (i.e. the «bookshelf» for heirlooms). The old statue goes into the storage.

So you need to start with the important items when filling up your house - and then see how much else you have room for. Personally, I am very fond of flowers, but I suspect they demand a lot of graphics. For some reason, doors also demand a lot of graphic power, so some of my rooms don’t have any doors anymore (🌼🌸🌻)

A question for @Phantomlover1717: I notised that when buying more land and expanding the house, I got to place more items on the property. But is the items limit connected to the size of the house or the size of the land? Or both?

Message 9 of 15 (3,957 Views)

@KatlaStorm That could very well be, I'm not sure, to be honest.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 15 (3,946 Views)